Gluten Free Apple Muffins RecipeKristy Still | Mommy Hates Cooking
Gluten Free Apple Muffins will get you in the mood for fall. Warm apple muffins with crumble topping--perfect for an early autumn...
A while back I landed on a wonderful recipe for blueberry muffins that I ended up adapting to gluten free. It is now my base recipe for just about any muffins that I make.
The best part of course is that delicious, sugary, butter crumb topping. I mean, does it really get any better? The crumb topping is so simple to make and making it gluten free is a breeze with a little gluten free all purpose flour.
These muffins are perfect for busy mornings before school, as well as brunch. Now that we're headed into fall, apples are in season more, so I decided to use this recipe to create a gluten free apple muffin with glorious crumble topping.
As I made them, I thought a little drizzle of caramel on top would make these perfectly scrumptious. I was inspired by Kristan's chocolate caramel corn cupcakes. I highly suggest adding that if you would like to. Could you imagine caramel apple crumble muffins? Yum!
Just the smell of baked apples makes me start dreaming of fall and cooler weather, plus all those fall clothes that I love. I live for fall, I would be completely happy with fall year round including all the colors too. I always feel like our fall in Oklahoma is short lived, as our summers always seem to drag on with that suffocating heat. I am usually wearing my sweaters even when it’s hot outside because I never feel like I have enough time to wear them during our fall months.
I usually always start my baking for fall in advance just to get plenty of time in for it, of course.
I would recommend making a few batches of these gluten free apple muffins along with this wonderful almond bread. These recipes are both perfect for morning treats and a brunch with friends. Plus, they may remind you that fall is just around the corner. As an extra bonus, they freeze well, making breakfasts on the go easier!
Are you ready for a delicious, subtle sweet treat this morning? Eat up!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Gluten Free Apple Muffins Recipe
IngredientsFor the Muffins:
- 1 1/2 cups All-Purpose Gluten Free Flour
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 1 cup Apples, Sliced
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup All-Purpose Gluten Free Flour
- 1/4 cup Butter, Cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- Caramel Syrup, Optional
- Begin by pre-heating the oven to 400°F.
- Next in a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, add in flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder and combine. Then, continue with the oil, egg, and milk and mix well. Lastly fold in the apples.
- Once done, fill cupcake liners that have been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, up to the top.
- Next, combine all of the crumb ingredients in a bowl and mix them together with a fork.
- Sprinkle the crumb ingredients evenly over each muffin.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until the crumb topping has browned.
- Drizzle with caramel if you would like.
- This made 10 regular sized muffins for us; however, original source says 8. It will vary based on size.
- Kristy Still
- Adapted from All Recipes
- Cooking Method:
- Gluten Free
- Gluten Free Baking
- Gluten Free Baking, Gluten Free, Muffins, Breakfasts, Brunches, Snacks, Baking, Baked, Apples, Fall
- Related Recipes:
- Gluten Free Baking Recipes, Gluten Free Recipes, Muffin Recipes, Breakfast Recipes, Brunch Recipes, Snack Recipes, Baking Recipes, Baked Recipes, Apple Recipes, Fall Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 10 muffins
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Kristy Still
Source: Adapted from All Recipes
Recipe Yields: 10 muffins
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Amount Per Serving