Almond Bread RecipeKristy Still | Mommy Hates Cooking
This almond bread is perfect toasted up for breakfast, or next to a glorious cup of tea for an afternoon snack. We love the extra boost...
One thing I love to bake for a quick breakfast, brunch, or snack is different varieties of breads. A few of my favorites include strawberry and banana bread. This past month though we added a new favorite to our list, Almond Bread.
As soon as this delicious bread was pulled out of the oven, my son was eyeing it. I could see him coming up beside me ready to instantly grab a piece of bread. Luckily, I was standing there, because he would have been fooled and had a throbbing hand if he had grabbed that fresh-out-of-the-oven bread. After it cooled a bit, he could not stay out of it!
I decided to adapt a version of Almond Bread from Cooking Light that I was able to make either gluten filled or gluten free. It’s totally up to you!
The key ingredient in this bread is the almond paste. The almond paste actually took me quite a while to find at the store, it is in the baking aisle and at my store it was near the coconut oils. This was actually my first time using almond paste in a recipe; it acts as filler to the bread.
After purchasing the almond paste, I learned that it is also easy to make at home too if you prefer a homemade version.
I also decided to adapt the recipe a bit and add slivered almonds to the batter as well as the top of the bread. The slivered almonds gave it texture and added a new element.
This bread would make the perfect edition this summer season for a treat before heading off on a summer adventure. It could also be stored easily to take with you if you are heading off on vacation, a tasty treat for road trips!
I’ll warn you too, when I make this bread, it only lasts maybe a day around our house, and that’s if I’m lucky.
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Almond Bread Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour, or Certified Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Canola Oil
- 7 ounces Almond Paste, one package
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Slivered Almonds, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, butter and oil.
- Beat in the almond paste, eggs, vanilla, and milk.
- Fold in 1/4 Cup of the almonds.
- Spray a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray, then pour the batter into the pan spreading it evenly.
- Sprinkle the top with remaining almonds.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until nice and browned and when poked with a toothpick in the deepest part it comes out clean.
- Remove from the loaf pan and let cool on a wire rack.
- Serve warm.
- Kristy Still
- Adapted from Cooking Light.
- Cooking Method:
- Gluten Free
- Bread, Quick Bread, Baked, Gluten Free, Gluten Free Baking, Almonds, Breakfasts, Snacks
- Related Recipes:
- Bread Recipes, Quick Bread Recipes, Baked Recipes, Gluten Free Recipes, Gluten Free Baking Recipes, Almond Recipes, Breakfast Recipes, Snack Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 1 loaf
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Kristy Still
Source: Adapted from Cooking Light.
Recipe Yields: 1 loaf
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
Amount Per Serving