Fried Avocado Tacos RecipeMeghan Yager | Cake 'n Knife
Fried Avocado Tacos are great for meatless Monday or taco Tuesday. Or any other day, for that matter.
I’m back on the taco kick! Big surprise, I know. This time instead of making guacamole to douse all the tacos in, I thought it was about time for avocado to make the star appearance in a taco.
When I went to Charleston to visit my close friend from high school and her family, her sister took me to this taco place right off the beach. They had these AMAZING fried avocado tacos that I honestly haven’t been able to get out of my head. I knew the moment I had them that I would absolutely have to recreate the deliciousness at home.
Some people don’t love fried avocado, but I honestly think those individuals are missing out. Fried avocado has everything you want in a bite — crunchy outside, creamy inside, and oh-so swoon-worthy.
I might be a couple of months late on this goal, but what matters is that it has finally happened!
These tacos are all about the freshness, the crispiness, and the bold flavors. I paired salsa verde and a chili lime dressing with these fried pieces of avocado. The salsa verde goes so well with the avocado and the crunchy creamy fried avocado slices come to life with the addition of a creamy dressing.
All that’s left is to top it off with some crunchy, colorful purple cabbage and a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Then, my friends, you are in taco heaven… All that’s missing is a giant margarita, and preferably a beach just outside your door.
One day… Hey a girl can dream, can’t she?!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Fried Avocado Tacos Recipe
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Eggs, Beaten
- 1 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 2 large Hass Avocados, Cut into 8 wedges each
- Vegetable Oil, For frying
- Salt, To taste
- 2 cups Shredded Red Cabbage
- 1 cup Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- Salsa Verde
- 8 Corn Tortillas
- Lime Wedges
- 2 tablespoons Lime Juice
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cayenne Pepper
- Add the flour, eggs, and panko breadcrumbs to three separate bowls. Dredge the avocado wedges in flour, shaking off the excess. Coat with egg and then panko, pressing to make sure it sticks.
- In a deep, heavy-bottomed skillet, add 1 1/2 to 2 inches of vegetable oil. Heat over medium-high heat to 350°F. Working in batches, fry avocado until golden brown, approximately 1 to 2 minutes per side. Remove to a paper towel-line plate to drain. Season with salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, mayonnaise, sour cream, chili powder, and cayenne pepper for the chili lime dressing.
- To assemble tacos, divide avocado wedges evenly between the corn tortillas. Top with red cabbage, Monterey Jack cheese, and salsa verde. Drizzle with chili lime dressing and serve with lime wedges.
- Meghan Yager
- Cooking Method:
- Tex Mex
- Avocados, Tacos, Tex Mex, Mexican, Family Meals and Snacks, Vegetarian, Easy, Easy Dinners, Salsa, Fried
- Related Recipes:
- Avocado Recipes, Taco Recipes, Tex Mex Recipes, Mexican Recipes, Family Meals and Snack Recipes, Vegetarian Recipes, Easy Recipes, Easy Dinner Recipes, Salsa Recipes, Fried Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 8 tacos
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Meghan Yager
Recipe Yields: 8 tacos
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Amount Per Serving