Fried Almonds with Thyme RecipeSharon L. | What the Fork Food Blog
Fried Almonds with Thyme are a fabulous snack if you have guests or the afternoon munchies. Vegetarian, gluten free, paleo, and dairy free!
This is a post I’ve been meaning to share; I’ve been sitting on it for quite some time now. I originally made these fried almonds with thyme last year for Mother’s Day. They were to go alongside some grilled garlic shrimp for some tapas-style snacks and appetizers we had that day.
They were such a hit I’ve been making them for parties and get-togethers ever since. These almonds are incredibly easy to make. You can have them ready to eat in less then 10 minutes which makes them perfect for last minute snacks when the munchies hit, or when you’ve got some unexpected visitors.
I prefer making these fried almonds with thyme, but if you don’t love thyme, you could really use whatever herb you like. You could even skip the herbs altogether and experiment with different spices like cinnamon, smoked paprika, or even cayenne.
Sometimes I like to add a little bit of garlic powder or just use garlic salt. The garlic gives it such a nice flavor. If you’re a garlic lover like me, you’ll probably love that version. Just make sure your date eats them too, so you can cancel each other’s dragon breath out!
I’m currently in the middle of doing Whole30, so I’ve found these almonds to be a nice little snack when I need one. Not only are they made with Whole30-approved ingredients, but they’re also Paleo, gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian, and vegan.
This is one flavor-packed snack that you can feed to almost anyone, unless they have a nut allergy. Don’t be the person giving nuts to someone with a nut allergy! I actually did that once by accident – my bad. Now I like to let everyone and anyone know when something has nuts in it.
In this case, this dish is clearly all about the nuts – delicious, toasty fried almonds with thyme. Enjoy!
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
Fried Almonds with Thyme Recipe
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups Whole Raw Almonds
- 1 teaspoon Fine Sea Salt
- 1-2 tablespoons Fresh Thyme, Chopped, to taste
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the almonds and stir to coat with the oil. Cook for 2-5 minutes or until the almonds are hot and toasted.
- Transfer the almonds to a bowl and toss with the salt and thyme, use 1-2 tablespoons of the thyme, depending on your personal taste.
- Serve the almonds immediately or store in an airtight container.
- Sharon L.
- Cooking Method:
- Gluten Free
- Snacks, Appetizers, Gluten Free, Paleo, Dairy Free, Vegetarian, Vegan, Party Food, Nuts, Easy, Quick, Almonds, Fried
- Related Recipes:
- Snack Recipes, Appetizer Recipes, Gluten Free Recipes, Paleo Recipes, Dairy Free Recipes, Vegetarian Recipes, Vegan Recipes, Party Food Recipes, Nut Recipes, Easy Recipes, Quick Recipes, Almond Recipes, Fried Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 2 cups
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Sharon L.
Recipe Yields: 2 cups
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Amount Per Serving