Enchilada Pasta RecipeRebekah Garcia Kalinowski | Kitchen Gidget
In the mood for enchiladas? Whip up this one pot chicken enchilada pasta with all your favorite Mexican flavors in less than half the time!
I am loving one-pot pasta meals!
Ever since I discovered I could cook my pasta right in the sauce it has been a game changer.
No more waiting forever for a pot of water to boil so I can cook the pasta (and then the rest of the dish too).
Plus, less pots means less clean up so it’s a win-win!
I’ve been taking all my favorite meals like queso fresco enchiladas and transforming them into a quick and easy pasta dinner.
I love transforming old favorites into new meals like green chile chicken enchilada hand pies!
For this enchilada pasta you only need a few key ingredients:
- Short shaped pasta
- Meat (or go meatless!)
- Enchilada sauce
- Your favorite cheese
Any short style pasta will do. I used rotini but cellentani (corkscrew) or penne would be a great choices as well.
I was in the mood for chicken enchilada pasta so that’s what I used for my protein.
If you love beefy enchiladas, use ground beef instead.
If you haven’t got any meat on hand, go vegetarian!
Black beans or pinto beans would be fantastic additions along with some corn kernels.
You will also need a large can of your favorite enchilada sauce (or homemade).
Last but not least, don’t forget the cheese!
I used Monterrey Jack, but cheddar, queso fresco or cotija would be absolutely delicious.
Just imagine your favorite enchiladas and let your taste buds be your guide.
To prepare, cook the chicken and onions until golden on all sides.
Add all the seasonings at this time.
Next, stir in the pasta, enchilada sauce and some water.
The pasta should take about 15 minutes to cook, but test a piece for tenderness to be sure.
If not give it a stir, cover again and cook for a few minutes longer.
Stir in sour cream and cheese for a luscious sauce.
You can serve as is, or add your favorite enchilada toppings such as avocado, lettuce, cilantro or diced tomatoes.
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Enchilada Pasta Recipe
- 1 pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, or ground beef
- 1 large Onion, diced
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 28 ounces Enchilada Sauce, (1 can)
- 2 cups Water
- 8 ounces Corkscrew Pasta
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 4 ounces Shredded Cheese
- If using chicken, cut into bite sized pieces.
- Add the oil to a large skillet over high heat. Add the chicken (or ground beef), onions, garlic, salt, chili powder, cumin and black pepper. Stir occasionally until the chicken is browned on all sides.
- Stir in the enchilada sauce, water and pasta. Bring to a boil, then lower heat to a simmer. Cover and cook for 15 minutes, or until pasta is tender and cooked.
- Stir in the sour cream and cheese and serve.
- Rebekah Garcia Kalinowski
- Cooking Method:
- Tex Mex
- Cheese, Pasta, Tex Mex, Easy Dinners, Easy Lunches, Chicken, Ground Beef, Simmered
- Related Recipes:
- Cheese Recipes, Pasta Recipes, Tex Mex Recipes, Easy Dinner Recipes, Easy Lunch Recipes, Chicken Recipes, Ground Beef Recipes, Simmered Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 6 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Rebekah Garcia Kalinowski
Recipe Yields: 6 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Amount Per Serving