Creamy Chicken Pasta RecipeErin S. | Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
Creamy Chicken Pasta Recipe - Get dinner on the table fast with this super easy chicken pasta, that you don't even have to feel guilty about eating! No butter or heavy cream!
Everyone is always trying to eat a little better. But who wants to give up flavor and their favorite foods?
Not me! I may want to eat fewer calories and keep my diet in check, but I still want pasta. And honestly, I still want rich and creamy pasta.
As much as I love Honey Dijon Chicken, there are only so many nights of just chicken for dinner I can take. I like to mix things in, make a creamy sauce, or add pasta.
Or sometimes, do all of that at once, for an easy dinner. And make it something you don't have to feel guilty about.
Usually when you have creamy pasta, you have heavy cream and/or butter involved. But not this time!
This white sauce for pasta is made with skim milk, no butter, and just a little bit of cream cheese! You can even use the 1/3 less fat cream cheese.
Season with salt, pepper, and a little bit of Italian seasoning, and you have something that is delicious for the whole family.
My favorite white sauce for pasta is the one I use on my Roasted Garlic, Chicken & Herb White Pizza. But that one is a little heavy for a full meal, if you are watching your calories.
It is so rich and good though. But this is a good substitute if you want something you can have any night of the week.
Plus this chicken pasta recipe has bacon. Bacon makes everything better.
And with just 4 strips of bacon, it is just enough to give you the flavor, but not make it over the top. If you wanted to make it go further, you could add some broccoli to the recipe.
Or you can serve with a salad on the side to get your veggies. Easy pasta recipes are my favorite way to make it through the week.
There are a ton of different options for pasta out there these days. You can get them made out of veggies, higher protein, made from brown rice and so many other ways.
So, pasta doesn't have to be the enemy any more. Which is good, because I don’t want to live in a world where pasta is a bad thing!
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
Creamy Chicken Pasta Recipe
- 12 ounces Dry Spaghetti
- 1 pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Skim Milk
- 4 slices Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook spaghetti according to the package directions.
- Toss chicken pieces with flour until well coated.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes until lightly browned. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Stir in cream cheese and milk until smooth and cheese is melted.
- Add Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Simmer for 3-4 minutes until it starts to thicken, and the chicken is fully cooked. Mix in cooked spaghetti, tossing to coat.
- Erin S.
- Cooking Method:
- Easy Dinners, Dinners, Pasta, Italian, Cream Cheese, Bacon, Chicken, Simmered, Easy
- Related Recipes:
- Easy Dinner Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Pasta Recipes, Italian Recipes, Cream Cheese Recipes, Bacon Recipes, Chicken Recipes, Simmered Recipes, Easy Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 4 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Erin S.
Recipe Yields: 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Amount Per Serving