This super easy chipotle slow cooker pulled chicken recipe is a family-approved weeknight favorite.
I will never be convinced that the slow cooker isn't one of the world's greatest inventions. We humans seriously scored big with that stroke of genius.
This super easy slow cooker chipotle pulled chicken recipe is a perfect example of why we love a good slow cooker recipe around here.
It could not be easier to make, plus it's fully kid-approved! Toss everything together in the slow cooker in the morning and dinner is ready to be served.
Why We Love This Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken Recipe
When it comes to simplicity, there is just no way to overstate how incredibly easy this slow cooker pulled chicken recipe truly is to make - it's amazing!
Made with just a handful of ingredients and spices you likely already have on hand, it takes five minutes or less to prep and get everything ready to go.
This is the kind of recipe that is perfect for dinner on a busy weeknight - toss everything into the slow cooker and dinner will be ready when you are.
You don't have to do a bunch of chopping before your work day begins, making it truly quick, easy and painless to prep the slow cooker in the morning.
Plus, your family will love the combination of robust flavors. This pulled chicken is slightly smoky, sweet and bursting with chipotle while not being too spicy.
Slow Cooker Chipotle Pulled Chicken Recipe
To make this slow cooker pulled chicken recipe, you will need:
- Chicken - I make this recipe with boneless skinless chicken breast, but some may prefer to make it with boneless skinless chicken thighs.
- Chicken stock - The basis of the flavorful sauce is chicken stock or broth - you could also use veggie stock or broth if you have it on hand.
- Lime juice - A bit of freshly squeezed lime juice adds loads of great flavor to the chicken.
- Chipotle peppers in adobo - You will need both finely minced chipotle peppers and additional adobo sauce to make this recipe come to life.
- Honey - The addition of honey balances out the chipotle flavors perfectly.
- Spices - Chili powder, paprika, cumin, onion powder and garlic powder (along with black pepper and salt) are all you need to season this chicken.
- Toppings - Along with whatever you want for tortillas or chips, don't forget toppings like fresh lime wedges, cilantro, cotija cheese and sour cream.
- Slow cooker
- Slow cooker liners (optional)
What if the Sauce Doesn’t Thicken?
More Slow Cooker Recipes We Love
If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times - we love a good slow cooker recipe. Our slow cooker salisbury steak recipe is our most popular recipe ever!
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!