Coconut Granola RecipeStacey Mebs | Bake.Eat.Repeat.
This homemade coconut granola is so fast and easy to make and is easily customizable. Healthy and delicious, it's the perfect breakfast or snack!
Homemade granola - it is definitely one of our favourite things. The store-bought kind just doesn't compare.
Homemade granola is just so quick and easy to make, it almost seems silly to buy it. Not that that stops me from buying it occasionally - when I get lazy and see it and think, yeah, that'll be just as good, and way faster than homemade.
Then we have it for breakfast and I change my mind, realizing it's not just as good as homemade, and it really wasn't all that much faster.
Ignoring baking time of course. This coconut granola does take a while to bake, but really, you're not doing anything when it's baking so that doesn't count.
And the prep time is maybe ten minutes. Maybe.
So fast and so easy, whenever I buy it I wonder why on earth I didn't just come home and make some homemade granola instead. Because homemade is always better.
This coconut granola is one of our favourites. I've made many different versions over the years (like this Pumpkin Spice Granola and this Cherry Almond Granola), but this coconut granola recipe is usually my starting point when I'm trying out a new flavour.
It's so easily customizable, and it's just the right combination of sweet and crunchy, without using a huge amount of sugar and oil in it.
This last batch of coconut granola actually disappeared so fast, I don't think I got any. I feel like that's a tad bit ridiculous considering the recipe makes 7 cups of granola.
It's not like I made a tiny amount! Evidently I'm not alone around here in my love of homemade granola.
Also, I need to start hiding things if I want any.
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Coconut Granola Recipe
- 4 cups Rolled Oats
- 1 cup Cashews, chopped coarsely
- 1 cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1/4 cup Light Brown Sugar, lightly packed
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/4 cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Raisins
- Preheat the oven to 250°F.
- Combine the oats, cashews, coconut and brown sugar in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, maple syrup, and salt.
- Pour the liquid into the oat mixture while stirring to combine. Mix until the liquid is evenly distributed.
- Divide the mixture between two 11x17 inch baking sheets, spreading it out so that it's even. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, swapping the position of the baking sheets in the oven halfway.
- Remove from the oven and allow the granola to cool completely.
- Transfer to a large airtight container and stir in the raisins. It will keep in an airtight container for at least 2-3 weeks.
- Stacey Mebs
- Adapted from Mel's Kitchen Café.
- Cooking Method:
- Lunchbox, Breakfasts, Brunches, Baked, Family Meals and Snacks, Snacks, Easy, Coconut, Cashews, Raisins, Maple
- Related Recipes:
- Lunchbox Recipes, Breakfast Recipes, Brunch Recipes, Baked Recipes, Family Meals and Snack Recipes, Snack Recipes, Easy Recipes, Coconut Recipes, Cashew Recipes, Raisin Recipes, Maple Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 7 cups
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Stacey Mebs
Source: Adapted from Mel's Kitchen Café.
Recipe Yields: 7 cups
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 75 minutes
Total Time: 85 minutes
Amount Per Serving