Chipotle Bacon Deviled Eggs RecipeMeghan Yager | Cake 'n Knife
Chipotle Bacon Deviled Eggs are a savory, spicy start to your picnic. The bacon puts them over the top!
Deviled eggs are always a must for me at Easter brunch. I don’t always get to indulge in deviled eggs so I look forward to getting my chow every year.
I’ve always loved the classic recipe. The tangy yolk filling, the tender hardboiled egg whites and a touch of paprika are hardwired into my brain’s flavor memory.
Honestly it reminds me of grandparents. I don’t have an exact memory in my brain about eating deviled eggs with my grandparents, but every time I bite into one I am automatically brought right back to my grandparents’ kitchen.
There was this little nook in the kitchen, in between the dining room and the main kitchen area, where I would always sneak treats and early bites of whatever my grandmother was serving up that meal.
With one bite of a deviled egg, I am back in that nook.
Now I am all about riffing on the classic recipe (see: Bacon & Blue Deviled Eggs) every chance that I get.
I love taking old recipes and giving them new life. That was the inspiration for these Chipotle Bacon Deviled Eggs.
The flavorful chipotle seasoning brings in a burst of smoky and spicy flavor that pair wonderfully with the classic deviled egg base my grandmother used to use. Then I decided there needed to be an extra creamy and savory element to the whole thing, so I topped it all off with a pile of avocado and bacon.
When you take a bite of one of these deviled eggs, you are never going to be able to go back to the old recipe your mother has used for years.
Once you go chipotle bacon, you don’t go back.
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
Chipotle Bacon Deviled Eggs Recipe
- 6 Eggs, hardboiled and cut in half
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 4 slices Bacon, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Chipotle Chili Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Mustard Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- In a small bowl, stir together ingredients for the chipotle seasoning. Set aside.
- Gently scoop out the hardboiled yolks and add them to a medium bowl. Smash the yolk with the back of a fork until smooth.
- Stir in mayonnaise, mustard, and 1 tsp chipotle seasoning.
- Place the hardboiled egg white halves on a serving platter.
- Scoop approximately 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons of the yolk filling into each of the egg halves.
- Top with diced avocado and bacon.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Meghan Yager
- Cooking Method:
- Avocados, Spicy, Bacon, Eggs, Spring, Picnics, Potlucks, Barbecues, Appetizers, Snacks, Family Meals and Snacks, Party Food, Boiled
- Related Recipes:
- Avocado Recipes, Spicy Recipes, Bacon Recipes, Egg Recipes, Spring Recipes, Picnic Recipes, Potluck Recipes, Barbecue Recipes, Appetizer Recipes, Snack Recipes, Family Meals and Snack Recipes, Party Food Recipes, Boiled Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Meghan Yager
Recipe Yields: 12
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Amount Per Serving