Chicken Vegetable Stir Fry RecipeLisa Grant | Jersey Girl Cooks
This chicken stir fry recipe uses Ponzu sauce, making it especially healthy and hearty. Mix it together tonight.
I have to admit when it comes to washing pots and pans, I can be quite lazy. I am the mom that leaves them in the sink hoping my husband or kids will do them.
But then again, who really loves to scrub pots and pans? That is why if I’m making dinner, I try to use the least amount of pans I can.
Stir fry is one of my “go to” meals when I need dinner on the table quickly. The nice thing is that it’s a flexible meal that includes a protein and veggies. It can all be cooked in one frying pan or a wok pan if you have one.
I usually serve it with rice bought frozen, which can be heated in the microwave. That way, there are no pots to clean for the rice either! I love shortcuts like this.
My secret ingredient for my stir fry is Ponzu sauce. There is much less sodium in this than soy sauce, and the citrus in it gives the meal a nice zing. If you haven't tried ponzu sauce in your stir fry before, this is your chance.
In this recipe, I used chicken breast, but pork, shrimp or beef can also be used. Any type of meat cut in small pieces can be cooked very quickly, so swap in what you like.
The veggies I chose give the dish a great color, but other veggies can be substituted also. In my family, they are sometimes picked out. I tend to like all vegetables but there are a few family members that don’t always agree. No worries, though. Just some extra nutrition thrown on mom’s plate.
The wonderful thing is that this can be cooked to your liking. Follow this recipe exactly to the T or go ahead and make it your own!
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
Chicken Vegetable Stir Fry Recipe
- 1 tablespoon Canola Oil
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1 pound Chicken Tenders, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon Garlic, crushed
- 1 pound Asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 large Red Pepper, cored and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 cups Mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons Seasoned Rice Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Ponzu Sauce, plus extra to serve
- 2 tablespoons Sweet Chili Sauce
- dash of Salt, to taste
- teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper, to taste
- 3 cup cookeds White Rice
- Heat both oils on medium heat in a wok pan or large nonstick skillet.
- Add chicken and garlic and cook for 5 minutes or until chicken starts to brown.
- Add the asparagus, red pepper and mushrooms.
- Stir-fry for about 6 to 7 minutes or until veggies start to soften.
- Add vinegar, Ponzu sauce and chili sauce. Cook for another 7 minutes making sure chicken is cooked through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve in bowls with rice.
- Lisa Grant
- Cooking Method:
- Stir Fry
- Easy Dinners, Chicken Breasts, Chicken, Stir Fry, Healthy, Asian, One Pot Meals, Asparagus
- Related Recipes:
- Easy Dinner Recipes, Chicken Breast Recipes, Chicken Recipes, Stir Fry Recipes, Healthy Recipes, Asian Recipes, One Pot Meal Recipes, Asparagu Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 4 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Lisa Grant
Recipe Yields: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Amount Per Serving