Chicken Spaghetti Bake RecipeRebekah Garcia Kalinowski | Kitchen Gidget
This easy chicken spaghetti bake is a dinner the whole family will love! Creamy noodles, spicy tomatoes and lots of cheese.
If you love creamy macaroni and cheese this zesty chicken spaghetti will be your new favorite!
Pasta meals are a staple for dinner in this house.
Sometimes I go for one-pot recipes like Philly Cheesesteak Pasta or Enchilada Pasta, and other times I like a good casserole like this chicken spaghetti bake.
Additionally, there are a few things you can add to customize the flavor or turn this into a complete meal.
Chicken Spaghetti Bake Ingredients
Spaghetti – you can use another kind of pasta, but whatever type you use needs to be cooked and drained for this recipe.
Cream of chicken soup – again this is flexible and you could use cream of mushroom or even condensed cheese soup. You could also try this substitute for cream of chicken soup.
Diced tomatoes and chilies – AKA Rotel. They have different levels of spice so you can customize the heat level according to your family’s tolerance.
Chicken – this needs to be cooked before adding to the casserole. Great way to use up leftover chicken or a rotisserie.
Milk – to thin out the sauce. You could also substitute chicken broth.
Cheese – half will be mixed in with the casserole and half used for topping. I used cheddar and Monterrey Jack but you could use all one kind.
Note: you may need to reduce the amount of spaghetti when using additional ingredients or the casserole will be too dry.
- 1 can of sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups broccoli florets to make this a complete meal. Be sure to cook (if raw) or thaw (if frozen) the broccoli before adding.
- 1 can diced green chilies to increase the spice
Assembling the casserole couldn’t be easier. Mix everything together, reserving some cheese for the top, and bake in a casserole until melted and bubbly.
You can scoop this out with a spaghetti scoop, or cut into slices (my preferred way) and serve!
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
Chicken Spaghetti Bake Recipe
- 3/4 pound Dry Spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 1 can Cream Of Chicken Soup, or Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 10 ounce can Chunky Diced Tomatoes and Green Chiles
- 2 cups Cooked Shredded Chicken
- 1/2 cup Milk, or Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Monterrey Jack Cheese, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Green Onion, for garnish
- 4 ounces Sliced Mushrooms, (1 can)
- 2 cups Frozen Broccoli Florets, (thawed and drained)
- 1 4 ounce can Diced Green Chiles, or Jalapeños
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 13x9 baking dish.
- In a large bowl combine the spaghetti, cream soup, tomatoes with liquid, chicken, milk (or chicken broth), cheddar cheese and garlic powder. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix in optional ingredients, if using.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish and top with Monterrey Jack cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes, or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Garnish with green onion, slice and serve.
- If using optional ingredients, reduce spaghetti to 1/2 pound.
- Rebekah Garcia Kalinowski
- Cooking Method:
- Cheese, Casseroles, Chicken Casseroles, Leftover Rotisserie Chicken, Baked, Easy Dinners, Dinners, Rotisserie Chicken, Chicken, Sauces, Pasta, Comfort Food
- Related Recipes:
- Cheese Recipes, Casserole Recipes, Chicken Casserole Recipes, Leftover Rotisserie Chicken Recipes, Baked Recipes, Easy Dinner Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Rotisserie Chicken Recipes, Chicken Recipes, Sauce Recipes, Pasta Recipes, Comfort Food Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 8 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Rebekah Garcia Kalinowski
Recipe Yields: 8 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Amount Per Serving