Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels RecipeRebekah Garcia Kalinowski | Kitchen Gidget
Buffalo chicken pinwheels are a super easy, super delicious party appetizer! Full of the chicken wing flavors you love, they’re ready in minutes.
Buffalo wing lovers rejoice! I have a super easy appetizer for you with these buffalo chicken pinwheels with cream cheese, celery and blue cheese. This creamy filling is rolled up in tortillas for the ultimate snack!
These buffalo chicken wraps with cream cheese are a cinch to prepare and are served cold, which means they can be made ahead of time and are easy to transport if necessary.
I’m gearing up for football season with these rollups and fluffy layered blueberry delight for something sweet. The best part is that none of these require the oven (it’s still too hot for that!).
First ingredient you’ll need is shredded, cooked chicken. Leftover rotisserie chicken works well, but I usually prefer to poach my own chicken breasts.
That way I can cook extra and use it them for other meals throughout the week, like quick green chile chicken enchilada hand pies.
Three Ways to Shred Chicken:
- While the chicken is still slightly warm shred with two forks.
- Let your electric stand mix with paddle attachment or hand mixer do the work.
- Place in food processor and lightly pulse. This will produce a more finely shredded texture.
Now that you have your chicken, the first step is to prepare the filling. Mix cream cheese (well softened), crunchy celery, hot sauce and blue cheese.
If you don’t like blue cheese (or don’t think your guests will) substitute cheddar cheese instead. Combine everything along with some black pepper to taste.
Next, spread a thin layer on flour tortillas. I used about 1/2 cup for 10-inch wraps. You’ll need to adjust the amount if your tortillas are a different size.
Roll up pinwheels tightly and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or longer before slicing. I cut off the ends first, then cut into 1-inch slices.
To complete this dish, serve these buffalo chicken pinwheels with ranch dressing for dipping!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels Recipe
- 2 cups Cooked Shredded Chicken
- 1 8 ounce package Cream Cheese, well softened
- 1/2 cup Celery, finely diced
- 1/2 cup Crumbled Blue Cheese, or Shredded Cheddar
- 1/2 cup Hot Sauce
- Black Pepper, to taste
- 4 Flour Tortillas, 10-inch size
- Ranch Dressing, for dipping
- In a large bowl, mix the chicken, cream cheese, celery, blue cheese, hot sauce and black pepper until well combined.
- Spread about 1/2 cup of the mixture in an even layer on 1 tortilla. Roll up tightly and wrap in plastic wrap. Repeat with remaining filling and tortillas.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until firm. Cut off ends and slice into 1-inch rounds. Serve with ranch for dipping.
- Rebekah Garcia Kalinowski
- Cheese, Chicken, Spicy, Appetizers, Snacks, Family Meals and Snacks, Party Food, Easy Lunches, Lunchbox, Lunches, Game Day Grub
- Related Recipes:
- Cheese Recipes, Chicken Recipes, Spicy Recipes, Appetizer Recipes, Snack Recipes, Family Meals and Snack Recipes, Party Food Recipes, Easy Lunch Recipes, Lunchbox Recipes, Lunch Recipes, Game Day Grub Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 12-15 servings
- Prep Time:
- Chill Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Rebekah Garcia Kalinowski
Recipe Yields: 12-15 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Amount Per Serving