Broccoli Cheddar Zoodle Bake RecipeTaylor Kiser | Food. Faith. Fitness.
Broccoli Cheddar Zoodle Bake uses a spiralizer to make noodles from zucchini. Throw in a bunch of other vegetables, and you've got a tasty, healthy meal!
You guys. Today we’re jumping aboard the trendy train!
That’s right. We’re breaking out the Spiralizer!
Do you have one? If not, do you want one?
Because, well, YOU SHOULD. I just got one and have used it pretty much E’ry. Single. Day. of my life.
Spiralize ALL THE THINGS.
You’re probably thinking I am that awkward person who comes WAY too late to the party and then all the current party attendees kind of just stare at them and wonder why they even bothered coming, because spiralizing has been super cool for AGES now.
Don’t lie. I can see your starey-eyes THROUGH THE SCREEN.
But, I am totally agreeing with that super wise person that once said “better late than never.”
Not only is spiralizing all the rage (and you know you wanna be in with the “KEWL KIDS”), it’s also a SUPER EASY way to take your favorite meals, and make them aheckofa lot healthier.
Like broccoli and cheese soup.
And now I can feel your starey-judgemental-eyeballs through the screen x 100 because there is absolutely no soup like quality to this kale, broccoli and cheese zucchini noodle bake.
How-EV-er, hear me out for just 10 seconds. My Hub-o-rama took one bite of this bake and said “this tastes exactly like broccoli and cheese soup!”
So there. I win our competition that you didn’t know about.
Now that fact that the Huberskerdo even liked this, means that I know you are going to as well. Because it kind of looks like quiche.
He had a traumatic quiche experience as a child (he still won’t go into details about it with me) so, when he saw me making it, he was MUCH less than thrilled.
Until he (cautiously) ate it… and then took ALL the leftovers to work for all the evers of his life (read: the next day, because that’s all that was left)
Not only is this bake cheesy, low carb (zucchini noodles whatwhat!) and full of superfoody good-fo’-yo’-body yumminess (Just like my healthy nachos!) but it’s also protein packed (egg whites AND Greek yogurt? You know it!) AND super, stupid easy to make.
Like you should probably close your screen, and get your zoodle on RIGHT NOW.
Why are you still here?
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
Broccoli Cheddar Zoodle Bake Recipe
- 4 large Zucchini Squashes, (about 2 lbs)
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup Egg Whites, About 8 egg whites
- 1/2 cup Fat Free Plain Greek Yogurt
- Black Pepper
- 2 cups Broccoli, Chopped into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups Kale, Torn and lightly packed
- 1 1/2 cups Reduced Fat Shredded Cheddar Cheese, Divided
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and spray a 10 Inch Cast Iron skillet with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Using the 6mm blade on your spiralizer, spiralize the zucchinis, so that they turn into long noodles. *
- Place the zucchini into a strainer set over a large bowl and sprinkle with salt. Let them sit for 20 minutes, stirring around every so often.
- While the zucchini noodles sit, whisk together the eggs and egg whites in a large bowl. Add in the Greek yogurt and a pinch of pepper and additional salt. Whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Once the zucchini has sat, squeeze out as much excess water as you can. Then, transfer the zucchini noodles onto a paper towel and dry off, again, as much as you can.
- Stir the zucchini noodles, broccoli, kale and 1 cup of the Cheddar cheese into the egg mixture and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared skillet and spread out evenly. Sprinkle with remaining Cheddar cheese.
- Bake until the eggs feel set and begin to slightly pull away from the side of the skillet, about 40-45 minutes. Turn your oven to HIGH broil and broil an additional 2-3 minutes or until the top turns golden brown.
- Zucchini noodles can also be made on a mandolin using the 7mm Julienne blade.
- Taylor Kiser
- Cooking Method:
- Healthy Eating
- Healthy, Healthy Eating, Zoodles, Spiralizer, Broccoli, Cheese, Eggs, Casseroles, Baked, Breakfasts, Brunches, Dinners, Easy Dinners
- Related Recipes:
- Healthy Recipes, Healthy Eating Recipes, Zoodle Recipes, Spiralizer Recipes, Broccoli Recipes, Cheese Recipes, Egg Recipes, Casserole Recipes, Baked Recipes, Breakfast Recipes, Brunch Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Easy Dinner Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 8 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Taylor Kiser
Recipe Yields: 8 servings
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 75 minutes
Amount Per Serving