Apple Muffins with Crumb Topping RecipeStacey Mebs | Bake.Eat.Repeat.
Apple Muffins with Crumb Topping will be the highlight of your day. Sweet apples with a crunchy cinnamon topping will make your breakfast...
I think fall is my favorite time of year to bake. Apples and pumpkin are two of my favorite things, and I just can't get enough of them in the fall. I feel like baking pretty much all the time.
It's unfortunate that my family can't survive on muffins and scones and cookies. There's definitely a lot of that stuff around my house these days!
Am I the only one? Or is that pretty common, to suddenly want to bake all the things as soon as the weather turns a little bit cooler? Maybe it's because I can finally turn my oven on without turning my house into a sauna!
That, and the bags and bags of apples I have sitting in my freezer begging to be made into things like these apple muffins with a cinnamon crumb topping!
Every year my siblings give me buckets of apples from their trees. They get so many that they can't even use them all. So, I chop and core apples incessantly for a few days and end up with boatloads of apples ready to bake within my freezer.
I was actually planning on planting an apple tree in my yard next year, but as I wrote that I started to think that maybe I shouldn't! I already have enough apples to last me for months, and I don't even have a tree! Might have to rethink that plan....
I guess we will see how quickly we fly through them this year and then decide.
These apple muffins disappeared in less then two days though, so clearly we are going to have to make them again!
It might not be a problem using up all those apples after all.
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
Apple Muffins with Crumb Topping Recipe
IngredientsFor the Crumb Topping:
- 3 tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour, Plus 3 tablespoons
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- pinch Salt
- 5 tablespoons Unsalted Butter, Melted
- 1 cup Peeled and Chopped Apples
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 2 large Eggs
- 4 tablespoons Unsalted Butter, Melted
- 1/4 cup Canola Oil
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Lightly spray a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick spray, or line it with paper liners and set aside.
- Make the crumb topping - in a small bowl, combine the sugar, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt. Drizzle the melted butter over everything and stir until everything is combined and clumping together. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk together the sugar, eggs, melted butter and oil until well combined. Add the milk and vanilla and whisk until combined. Add this mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Add the apples, folding in gently, until just combined.
- Scoop the muffin batter into the prepared muffin tin, dividing it between the 12 muffin cups. They should be almost full. Top the muffins with crumb topping, dividing the mixture between the 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Allow the muffins to cool for 5-10 minutes in the muffin tin, and then remove them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and milk until smooth to make the glaze. Drizzle the glaze over top of the cooled muffins.
- Stacey Mebs
- Adapted from Stacey’s Cranberry, Orange and Eggnog Muffins.
- Cooking Method:
- Lunchbox, Family Meals and Snacks, Breakfasts, Brunches, Muffins, Baking, Baked, Apples, Fall
- Related Recipes:
- Lunchbox Recipes, Family Meals and Snack Recipes, Breakfast Recipes, Brunch Recipes, Muffin Recipes, Baking Recipes, Baked Recipes, Apple Recipes, Fall Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 12 muffins
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Stacey Mebs
Source: Adapted from Stacey’s Cranberry, Orange and Eggnog Muffins.
Recipe Yields: 12 muffins
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 17 minutes
Total Time: 37 minutes
Amount Per Serving