3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies RecipeStacey Mebs | Bake.Eat.Repeat.
These soft and chewy, 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies are full of peanut butter flavor. Plus, they're flourless and take just minutes to make!
Have you ever made 3-ingredient peanut butter cookies? To be honest I thought it was a little bit crazy when I first saw this recipe.
To make a good peanut butter cookie you have to use more then one bowl, one spoon and three ingredients. Right?
Turns out, not so much. This 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies recipe, made with one large bowl and a spoon, are pretty fantastic.
Full of peanut butter flavour, with that classic criss-cross pattern on top of the cookies, these soft and chewy peanut butter cookies remind me of the ones my mom used to make when I was growing up.
And I kid you not - these easy peanut butter cookies will rival any old-fashioned peanut butter cookies you come across.
3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
Considering these are basically the famed Kraft peanut butter cookie recipe (I only changed the baking time), they probably are the ones my mom used to make.
There are a bunch of different versions of these 3-ingredient peanut butter cookies online. I think the original Kraft version makes perfect, classic peanut butter cookies.
Some use brown sugar, some use white, some use twice as much sugar, they're baked at a number of different times and temperatures.
Not to worry! I made boatloads of cookies and discovered the best version for you.
I gladly took one for the team here. Assuming of course that you have the same taste in peanut butter cookies as I do!
After making way too many peanut butter cookies in one day (good thing they're so easy to make!), the original Kraft recipe is the one we liked the best.
Although we did find that if we baked them for the 20 minutes that recipe specifies we ended up with crispy cookies.
Since we prefer our peanut butter cookies soft and chewy, I only bake them for 12 to 14 minutes.
And that, my friends, results in amazing, easy as can be, 3-ingredient peanut butter cookies.
One bowl, one spoon, three ingredients and about 20 minutes. That's all you need and you can be biting into a soft, chewy, peanut buttery cookie!
How to Make 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
Wondering how to make these flourless peanut butter cookies? It's the easiest thing ever!
To make these super tasty peanut butter cookies loaded with creamy peanut butter flavor you will need:
- Creamy peanut butter - Be sure to grab smooth peanut butter for making these cookies - you do not want to use natural peanut butter for this traditional peanut butter cookie.
- Granulated sugar - Basic white sugar
- Eggs - I always suggest using large eggs when baking
- Large mixing bowl - Everything gets tossed into one large or medium bowl and then combined
- Large spoon or rubber spatula - Mix everything up using a large spoon or a spatula - you don't even need an electric mixer or stand mixer for this great recipe!
The ingredients, exactly what you'd find on the side of a Kraft peanut butter jar, get added to the bowl and mixed until well combined.
Then you'll roll the dough into balls, drop tablespoonfuls of dough onto a prepared baking sheet and bake the most perfect cookies!
3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe Variations
Want to tweak this simple recipe to make it your perfect cookie? Consider the following variations!
- Add chocolate chips for a perfectly chocolate peanut butter cookie you'll love
- Using chunky peanut butter for a little added crunch
- Sprinkle the top with flaked sea salt
- Add an additional egg for a less dense, chewier cookie
- Try making them with brown sugar for a touch of molasses flavor
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 325°F
- In a medium size bowl, combine ingredients, stirring together the peanut butter, sugar and the egg until well combined.
- Form the dough into 2 tablespoon sized balls (or use a cookie scoop) and place them 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Press them down with a fork to make a classic crosshatch pattern.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until they are just set and no longer shiny, and the edges are just barely starting to brown. Don’t over bake them or they won’t be soft and chewy.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before moving them to a wire rack - they will be too soft to move right away. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Stacey Mebs
- Slightly adapted from Kraft Canada.
- Cooking Method:
- Gluten Free
- Lunchbox, Snacks, Family Meals and Snacks, Cookies, Easy Desserts, Desserts, Gluten Free Desserts, Gluten Free Baking, Gluten Free, Easy, Baking, Baked
- Related Recipes:
- Lunchbox Recipes, Snack Recipes, Family Meals and Snack Recipes, Cookie Recipes, Easy Dessert Recipes, Dessert Recipes, Gluten Free Dessert Recipes, Gluten Free Baking Recipes, Gluten Free Recipes, Easy Recipes, Baking Recipes, Baked Recipes, Exclusive Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 12 cookies
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Posts:
Author: Stacey Mebs
Source: Slightly adapted from Kraft Canada.
Recipe Yields: 12 cookies
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 17 minutes
Amount Per Serving