White Bean Chicken Chili RecipeBrianna Hobbs | Flippin' Delicious
White Bean Chicken Chili is great when you crave something really delicious but don't have a lot of time. So easy!
White bean chicken chili made with green chiles is one of my favorite quick and easy gluten free dinners. It is savory with just enough roasted green chile to give it a little kick. Nothing hits the spot more on a cool day than a steaming, hearty bowl of white bean chicken chili.
I have spent most of my life in the sunny land of enchantment. AKA, New Mexico, the land of chile. Our state question is “Red or Green?” Red or green chile, that is. We put it on everything around here. And I mean everything. I love the stuff!
Every fall you can smell green chile roasting all over town. Most of the grocery stores will fire roast green chiles for you in their parking lot. They have these big rotating mesh metal cylinders that roast green chiles fresh for you. The smell of a roasting green chile is one of my favorite things, second only to gluten free pumpkin chocolate chip muffins and pumpkin spice lattes. And all of my other favorite gluten free pumpkin recipes.
One reason that I LOVE this green chile white bean chicken chili recipe is that it is so easy to make! This time I started off by also sautéing some chopped onion and garlic. If you are in a rush you can skip that and use some onion powder and garlic powder instead. I always have some canned white beans in my pantry, so all I have to do is open a few cans, dice up some leftover chicken, and stir in some green chile and chicken broth.
Bring the chili up to a simmer to let all the flavors bubble together and get yummy. I love to finish it off with a swirl of half & half or cream to give that extra creamy touch.
A steaming hot bowl of green chile white chili is only made better when you have a big wedge of gluten free honey cornbread or some easy gluten free biscuits to go along with it. Top off your bowl with some diced avocado and a dollop of sour cream or Greek yogurt to cool things down a bit and you have the perfect spicy warm bowl.
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
White Bean Chicken Chili Recipe
- 1/2 cup Diced Onion
- 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Oil, Or butter
- 1 1/4 cups Cooked Chicken, Diced, approximate 3/4 to 1 pound uncooked
- 3 15 ounce cans White Beans, Drained and rinsed
- 1/4-1/2 cup Chopped Roasted Green Chiles
- 1 1/4 cups Chicken Broth
- In a medium saucepan sauté the onion and garlic in oil or butter until it is softened and just starts to turn golden.
- Add the beans, chicken, chicken broth, and green chile. Bring to a simmer, and let it simmer for 5 minutes to help the flavors come together.
- Remove from heat and stir in the half & half or cream.
- If you don’t have onion and garlic on hand you can use 1 teaspoon of onion powder and 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder instead.
- Brianna Hobbs
- Cooking Method:
- Gluten Free
- Gluten Free, Comfort Food, Chili, Soups, Easy, Chicken, Peppers, Beans, Simmered
- Related Recipes:
- Gluten Free Recipes, Comfort Food Recipes, Chili Recipes, Soup Recipes, Easy Recipes, Chicken Recipes, Pepper Recipes, Bean Recipes, Simmered Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 6 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Brianna Hobbs
Recipe Yields: 6 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Amount Per Serving