Vegan Piña Colada Popsicles RecipeJennie Phaneuf | One Sweet Mess
Vegan Piña Colada Popsicles are naturally sweetened with wholesome ingredients. The treat you can feel good about eating.
Because it's too dang hot. Because the air feels like a sweatbox. Because I haven't had a single person turn down a frozen treat in the dead of summer.
Also, these popsicles are healthy and made with all-natural ingredients that just so happen to be vegan friendly. I hate leaving people out, so I took a gigantic step outside of my dairy-infused, butter-laden, carb-centric box to create a treat that everybody can enjoy.
I'll take my cookie now...
In all honesty, these popsicles taste like the real deal. I used what I call the magical fruit, the banana, to create the thick, creamy base of these healthy popsicles. I swear by frozen bananas. You can whip them into healthy ice cream, super thick smoothies, healthy pudding, and these vegan piña colada popsicles.
It's a win-win situation.
I have also fallen in love with coconut cream. My favorite brand is Trader Joe's, along with so many of their other ingredients — Joe and I are pals! The coconut cream is extremely thick and velvety smooth. It helps keep the popsicles thick and creamy after they freeze.
Creamy and dreamy — that's how I like my popsicles.
I don't have kids, so I'm no professional, but I'm betting if you handed them one of these popsicles they'd lick it down to the stick and probably accept a second helping if it were offered. Since these are of the healthy variety, using only the most wholesome ingredients, and are naturally sweetened, you can feel good about feeding them to your offspring and maybe even treating them to two. (I'm pulling for ya, kid.)
I'm usually not one to lay down the law and go full out finger-pointing schoolmarm on you, but frozen bananas are a must for this recipe. Prep them bananas, folks! They'll need at least four hours in the freezer.
Don't let the word "vegan" in the title scare you off. These are some good popsicles.
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
Vegan Piña Colada Popsicles Recipe
- 3 Ripe Bananas, Frozen
- 1 14 ounce can Cream of Coconut
- 1/2 cup Toasted Coconut Flakes, Divided
- 3/4 cup Frozen Pineapple Chunks
- 3 tablespoons Agave Nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon Coconut Extract
- 1 8 ounce can Crushed Pineapple, Drained
- Add bananas, coconut cream, 1/4 cup toasted coconut flakes, frozen pineapple chunks, agave, and coconut extract to the bowl of a blender. Pulse until smooth.
- Add 1 teaspoon toasted coconut flakes to the bottom of each popsicle mold. Top with 2 teaspoons of the drained crushed pineapple. Divide the banana mixture between the molds.
- Place the molds in the freezer until solid.
- Jennie Phaneuf
- Desserts, Vegan, Pineapples, Coconut, Family Meals and Snacks, Frozen Treats, Snacks, Summer
- Related Recipes:
- Dessert Recipes, Vegan Recipes, Pineapple Recipes, Coconut Recipes, Family Meals and Snack Recipes, Frozen Treat Recipes, Snack Recipes, Summer Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 10 popsicles
- Prep Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Jennie Phaneuf
Recipe Yields: 10 popsicles
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Amount Per Serving