Twix Brownies RecipeKristan Roland | Confessions of a Cookbook Queen
Twix Brownies are filled with gooey, sweet layers sure to impress. Whip up a batch tonight!
Brownies are my son’s most favorite dessert on the entire planet.
Naturally, I love brownies. A cold, fudgy brownie straight from the fridge is definitely up there on the top tier of my favorite things, right along with Jon Snow (I’m just saying that I wouldn’t mind a shot at bringing him back to life some day), hot pink lipstick (it just makes an ordinary day seem a bit more special), and waking up thinking that it’s time to get up and then realizing I still two more hours to sleep.
If only I could wake up and find a brownie on my nightstand and THEN realize I still had two hours before I had to get up…we might be on to something. Throw in Jon Snow and…well.
I’m just saying that I’m a big fan of winter.
So obviously, I don’t mind making brownies whenever my son requests them. Which is on his birthday, for sleepovers, for Thanksgiving, on Christmas, and almost any ordinary Saturday evening. But sometimes, I’d like to switch them up just a little. Why settle for an ordinary brownie when you can stuff it full of gooey caramel?
We are all huge fans of Twix bars, so I decided to channel that flavor into a super simple and delicious brownie. These fudgy bars do not have actual Twix bars in them, but instead have layers of buttery shortbread cookie, fudgy chocolate brownie, and gooey caramel.
I am not mad about this combination. And the fact that the lovely layers make for an impressive presentation is just a fabulous bonus.
Whip these up the next time you’re baking a batch of brownies. They only take a bit more effort but make an incredible difference in taste!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Twix Brownies Recipe
IngredientsFor the Shortbread Cookie Crust:
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 stick Butter, 1/2 cup, cut into cubes
- 2 boxes Chewy Fudge Brownie Mix, Plus eggs, oil, and water needed to prepare
- 1 11 oz package Kraft Caramel Bits
- 3 tablespoons Heavy Cream
For the Shortbread Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x13 pan with foil and spray thoroughly with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour and powdered sugar for crust.
- Cut in butter (I use my hands, you could also use a fork or a food processor) until the mixture forms a dough. Pat it into a 9x13 pan.
- Bake crust for about 10 minutes, until puffed and golden around the edges. Remove from oven while you prepare brownie batter.
For the First Brownie Layer:
- In a large bowl, prepare both boxes of brownie batter as instructed on the box.
- Pour HALF of the batter over the shortbread crust and spread evenly.
- Bake for about 20 minutes – brownies should be set, but still a bit gooey in the center. Let cool for 10 minutes.
For the Caramel:
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat caramel bits and heavy cream, stopping to stir every 30 seconds until smooth.
- Pour melted caramel over brownie covering as much as the surface as possible.
For the Second Brownie Layer:
- Evenly spoon remaining brownie mix over the surface of the caramel.
- CAREFULLY spread the brownie mix to cover. You may get a bit of caramel that oozes up over the surface -- this is okay. The brownie batter will puff up in the oven to cover any caramel that is showing.
- Bake for roughly 20 minutes, until brownies are set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with caramel or fudgy crumbs but NO raw brownie batter.
- Let brownies cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until firm.
- Grabbing the ends of the foil, remove brownies from pan.
- Peel off the foil and cut into squares and serve.
- Kristan Roland
- Cooking Method:
- Desserts, Bar Desserts, Brownies, Candy, Chocolate, Caramel, Easy, Baking, Baked, Party Food, Snacks, Family Meals and Snacks
- Related Recipes:
- Dessert Recipes, Bar Dessert Recipes, Brownie Recipes, Candy Recipes, Chocolate Recipes, Caramel Recipes, Easy Recipes, Baking Recipes, Baked Recipes, Party Food Recipes, Snack Recipes, Family Meals and Snack Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 20 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Kristan Roland
Recipe Yields: 20 servings
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 75 minutes
Amount Per Serving