Strawberry Bundt Cake RecipeRoxana Yawgel | Roxana's Home Baking
You'll love the simplicity of this Strawberry Bundt Cake Recipe. Moist and delicate, it features a secret ingredient - kefir!
After a long cold season, (some might call it winter, but I haven't seen much snow this year), the warm weather finally arrived. We turned the heat off and leave the windows open most of the day, some of them even at night.
The warmer weather also means the strawberry patch is finally open and we can spend a great afternoon picking some fresh berries. I love this time of the year for just that reason.
Strawberries and chocolate make up one of my favorite combinations, and I couldn't pass this season by without baking some chocolate and berry deliciousness.
After last year’s Chocolate Fudge Roasted Strawberry Cookie Bars and this year's Chocolate Strawberry Roll Cake, it was time to keep things simple. A sweet moist cake with fresh berries and chocolate chips is the way to go.
This Strawberry Chocolate Bundt Cake is not like any other. I used a secret ingredient to keep the cake moist and give an extra strawberry flavor - strawberry kefir.
I love enjoying a glass of cold kefir with a warm muffin and scone, but have never thought of baking with it until I realized I was out of both milk and yogurt. How that happened, I don't know! But I love a good baking challenge, and it wasn't long until the first bundt cake came out of the oven. The taste was great, but I had a hard time taking it out of the pan in one piece (that's the thing with bundt cakes).
The second time, I made some adaptations, increased the dry versus wet ingredients ratio, and kept my fingers crossed.
Unlike the first time, it came out of the pan in one piece - score!! There was just one minor thing, and I still don't know what to do to fix it - the chocolate chips and dices berries sort of floated to the sides of the cake instead of being distributed throughout.
But even so, the cake is one of the moistest cakes I've ever made. I love the strawberry flavor you get from both the fresh berries and kefir, and the chocolate chips add a little sweetness and a chocolate-y taste.
Do you know how to solve my ingredient distribution problem? I’d love to hear your tips!
And don't forget - if you want to indulge your chocolate craving and skip the berries, you'll love my Grated Chocolate Bundt Cake Recipe.
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Strawberry Bundt Cake Recipe
- 1 cup Strawberries
- 1/2 cup Chocolate
- 1/2 cup Strawberry Kefir
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- dash of Salt
- 3/4 cup Butter, room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups Granulated Sugar
1. Heat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 12 cup bundt pan and set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
3. Alternately add the strawberry kefir with the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix until just combined. Do not over mix!
4. With a spatula, fold in the diced strawberries and chocolate chips.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
6. Leave to cool for 5 minutes in the pan before inverting the cake on a wire rack and cool completely.
7. Dust with powdered sugar and cocoa powder just before serving. (Optional)
- Roxana Yawgel
- Cooking Method:
- Baking, Chocolate, Strawberries, Desserts, Bundt Cakes, Cakes, Baked
- Related Recipes:
- Baking Recipes, Chocolate Recipes, Strawberry Recipes, Dessert Recipes, Bundt Cake Recipes, Cake Recipes, Baked Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 12 slices
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Roxana Yawgel
Recipe Yields: 12 slices
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 65 minutes
Amount Per Serving