Sour Cream Chicken RecipeHeather Tullos | Sugar Dish Me
Sour Cream Chicken is one of those recipes you'll return to again and again. Quick, easy, and total comfort food.
Everyone needs an awesome arsenal of easy chicken recipes. They are crowd-pleasing, kid pleasing, simple, and always tasty.
They solve problems when you have no energy to figure out dinner and pair well with whatever vegetables you have rolling around in the crisper drawer of your fridge. And this sour cream chicken? It's topping my easy, family-friendly chicken recipe list.
I took boneless skinless chicken breast tenders, lined them up in a baking dish, and covered them in sour cream. I mean COVERED.
The sour cream makes this thick layer over the chicken that works kind of like a creamy insulation. It keeps everything moist, adds flavor, and in the finished dish it gives you a little creamy texture just after the Ritz cracker crunch.
I forgot to tell you about the buttery crunch!
Is there anything more fun and comfort-foody than a Ritz cracker crust? It’s amazing on casseroles and pan-fried chicken, but most importantly it is TERRIFIC on this sour cream chicken.
I used whole wheat Ritz crackers, but I think I was just trying to make myself feel better about butter crackers + sour cream. Mind tricks.
I think this is probably the easiest dinner I turned out all week -- including the slow cooker meals. No joke!
Everything came together super fast and I could not have been happier. I’ll be adding this one into the dinner rotation for sure.
This is a meal you'll find easy enough to serve all summer long, but just think of the back-to-school possibilities. I've just knocked at least one dinner a week of your OMG WHAT DO I MAKE to-do list.
If you want to make this delicious casserole more than once in a week, I won't tell.
We served ours with a big side of roasted Brussels sprouts with pancetta, but the side dish options are really kind of endless here. This creamy ham and cheddar pasta salad would be great; so would these warm herbed potatoes.
Or try this easy bean salad! That’s always a favorite!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Sour Cream Chicken Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Tenders, Or breasts sliced into 1-1/2 inch wide strips
- Salt and Pepper, To taste
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 sleeve Ritz Crackers, Crumbled into small little bits
- 3 tablespoons Butter, Melted
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a 9 X 13 baking dish with foil.
- Lay the chicken pieces side by side on the foil; you can squish them together really closely. It actually turns out better that way.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the sour cream, garlic powder, and onion powder until smooth. Spread the sour cream mixture evenly over the chicken.
- Combine the melted butter and crushed Ritz crackers together until all the cracker crumbs are coated with butter. Sprinkle the cracker crumbs over the sour cream.
- Bake for 35 minutes. The cracker crust will be crunchy and the juices in the pan will run clear.
- Heather Tullos
- Cooking Method:
- Easy Dinners, Dinners, Chicken, Baked, Casseroles, Chicken Casseroles, Easy
- Related Recipes:
- Easy Dinner Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Chicken Recipes, Baked Recipes, Casserole Recipes, Chicken Casserole Recipes, Easy Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 6 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Heather Tullos
Recipe Yields: 6 servings
Prep Time: 7 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 42 minutes
Amount Per Serving