Easy Bean Salad RecipeOlivia Ribas | Primavera Kitchen
Easy Bean Salad can be enjoyed as a light dinner or side dish. Goes wonderfully with chicken or fish.
Today I have this easy bean salad with red pepper, red onions, green olives and corn that it is so quick to make, and is very flavorful. This is perfect for serving with grilled fish or chicken. I know it is a bit early to talk about grilling dishes, but who isn’t excited to eat salad with grill meat outside in the company of our best friends??! I am, and I can’t wait to be able to invite my friends over and have a summer BBQ on my patio!
As it is still too early for grilling meat, it is never too early to make salads. This salad goes wonderfully with almost everything and it is super easy and quick to get on the table.
This salad only calls for a small number of ingredients, but it gets very good flavor - especially because it is drizzled with a light but delicious mustard Dijon vinaigrette and goes beautifully with beans and olives. I particularly love this combination and I think this salad dressing makes all the difference. It’s worth making this salad just for the dressing… and it’s super simple!
If you are not trying to control your calories you should add some feta cheese in this salad. It will make this salad taste even better. I didn’t add any because I am avoiding dairy as much as I can, but it is really up to you if you want or not to add feta, or even Gorgonzola.
For this recipe I took a shortcut and used some low sodium beans in a can, because I had a really busy day. But feel free to make your own beans. I have a pressure cooker beans recipe that I think you may be interested in, so please take a look. The only work you really have to do is to chop all the ingredients very fine. When it is done you just need to combine all the ingredients together, pour the dressing and toss everything well. And the added bonus with bean salads is a ton of protein you get! So, let’s dig in and enjoy this delicious bean salad.
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
Easy Bean Salad Recipe
IngredientsFor the Vinaigrette:
- 6 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Garlic, Minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 can Bean Medley, About 2 cups
- 1 medium Red Pepper, Diced
- 1/2 cup Red Onion, Diced
- 1/3 cup Green Olives, Cut in half
- 3/4 cup Corn
For the Vinaigrette:
- Pour the lemon juice and olive oil in a salad dressing bottle.
- Add garlic, salt and black pepper.
- Shake to combine all the ingredients.
- Taste to check the seasoning and it is done.
For the Salad:
- In a medium bowl, combine the beans, red pepper, red onion, green olives and corn.
- Pour the salad dressing and toss everything together very well.
- Refrigerate 2 hours before serving.
- Serve chilled.
- Olivia Ribas
- Cooking Method:
- No Cook
- Salads, Side Dishes, Easy Dinners, Vegetarian, Vegetables, Beans, Peppers, Olives, Corn, Dressings, Easy, No Cook
- Related Recipes:
- Salad Recipes, Side Dish Recipes, Easy Dinner Recipes, Vegetarian Recipes, Vegetable Recipes, Bean Recipes, Pepper Recipes, Olife Recipes, Corn Recipes, Dressing Recipes, Easy Recipes, No Cook Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 4 servings
- Prep Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Olivia Ribas
Recipe Yields: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 130 minutes
Amount Per Serving