Smoked Gouda Pimento Cheese Dip RecipeDionne Baldwin | Try Anything Once
Smoked Gouda Pimento Cheese Dip is a classic dip kicked up a notch. The flavors in this will blow you over!
Thank goodness smoked gouda pimento cheese dip (like most dips) is very portable, making it easy to make ahead and take with me to potlucks. A good friend of mine often has potluck dinners at her house and asks attendees to bring an appetizer.
The first dip I brought over was Beer Dip and since then the bar has been set very high for future dips brought to her house. I’ve even made Stuffed Mushrooms with dip hoping they would meet the hostess and fellow guests’ expectations!
We do love catching up on new happenings with each other and chatting in between mouthfuls of homemade appetizers is the best way to mingle. There’s something powerful about a group of friends coming together to support each other.
Life can get a bit rough sometimes but it’s a little easier and a lot better with true friends.
I often make this recipe with roasted red peppers, but it’s even better with roasted piquillo peppers. There’s a good chance you’ll find them next to the plain red peppers in jars at the grocery store.
The brand I use warns us about the potential spiciness of the peppers, but I don’t feel the heat from them at all.
The piquillo peppers harmonize extremely well with the smoked Gouda cheese, giving this dip a savory flavor similar to a wood fired pizza without the crust. It’s definitely worth trying!
If you’re bringing this dip to share with a large crowd, double the batch. For a small group of good friends catching up on recent events, you can make this recipe as is unless you want some left over.
Smoked gouda pimento cheese dip is for more than just spreading on crackers. Try spreading this dip on your favorite burger or inside a sandwich wrap for your lunch!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Smoked Gouda Pimento Cheese Dip Recipe
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese, At room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 cup Plain Greek Yogurt, Like Fage, because it's creamy and thick in texture
- 1 1/2 cups Shredded Smoked Gouda Cheese
- 1 1/2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 7 ounces Roasted Red Peppers, Red piquillo peppers are the BEST, drained and chopped
- In a mixing bowl, mix cream cheese on medium high speed using the whisk attachment for about 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle garlic powder and onion powder over the cream cheese and whisk on medium for another 10 seconds, just enough to mix in the powders then scrape the bottom of the bowl with a spatula.
- Add the Greek yogurt and whisk for another 30 seconds or so, until it’s evenly stirred in with the cream cheese.
- Fold in the shredded cheese and red pepper with a spatula.
- Refrigerate until serving.
- Dionne Baldwin
- Cooking Method:
- No Cook
- Party Food
- Appetizers, Dips, No Cook, Easy, Party Food, Cheese
- Related Recipes:
- Appetizer Recipes, Dip Recipes, No Cook Recipes, Easy Recipes, Party Food Recipes, Cheese Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 10 servings
- Prep Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Dionne Baldwin
Recipe Yields: 10 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Amount Per Serving