Slow Cooker Orange Chicken RecipeKristy Still | Mommy Hates Cooking
Slow Cooker Orange Chicken can be prepared in the morning for a fabulous dinner when you get home. A great meal after a stressful day...
This summer is going to be a busy one for us, is it for you? Of course, I do feel like we have more time to relax too but for some reason most have our activities are all throughout the month of June. Once we head into July things slow down just in time to pick up in August when school starts again.
This summer, I decided to keep my kids out of mother’s day out and work around them with my work schedule. It’s a bit of a challenge but I’m looking forward to it. We have several activities planned and vacations too.
The best part I think is our nine days at the beach, but my husband is more excited about all the weekends at the lake. I guess I can count on a good tan this summer for sure.
I am certain another thing I can count on is very little time for dinner. That’s why I love using my slow cooker during the summer months. I can easily put dinner in on our way out and then I don’t have to rush to get back home and cook.
It just makes life so much more relaxed. I thought I would try out this Slow Cooker Orange Chicken with the family and all loved it. After my son came to terms with the fact that it wasn’t burnt it was just cooked with sauce, he enjoyed it.
This recipe combines my teriyaki sauce with orange zest along with orange juice to give it a hint of citrus. I love that taste paired with rice. We like to add a little broccoli to this dish too. It makes for a delicious and easy meal.
Are you ready to try a bite? Eat up!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Slow Cooker Orange Chicken Recipe
- 6 Chicken Drumsticks
- 1/2 cup Tamari Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup Orange Juice
- 2 tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 clove Garlic, Crushed
- 1 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Orange Zest
- Cooked Rice, To serve
- Spray a 6-quart slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place drumsticks in the slow cooker.
- Combine the soy sauce, juice, vinegar, brown sugar, granulated sugar, garlic, ginger, and orange zest in a small mixing bowl.
- Carefully pour over the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Serve over cooked rice.
- Kristy Still
- Cooking Method:
- Slow Cooker
- Gluten Free
- Gluten Free Dinners
- Gluten Free, Gluten Free Dinners, Slow Cooker, Family Meals and Snacks, Chicken, Easy, One Pot Meals, Asian, Easy Dinners, Dinners
- Related Recipes:
- Gluten Free Recipes, Gluten Free Dinner Recipes, Slow Cooker Recipes, Family Meals and Snack Recipes, Chicken Recipes, Easy Recipes, One Pot Meal Recipes, Asian Recipes, Easy Dinner Recipes, Dinner Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 6 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Kristy Still
Recipe Yields: 6 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 480 minutes
Total Time: 495 minutes
Amount Per Serving