Skillet Meatball Lasagna RecipeTanya Schroeder | Lemons for Lulu
Skillet Meatball Lasagna takes a handful of ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen. Quick and only uses one pan!
Lasagna is one of the classic meals that has held up against the test of time.
My parents grew up eating lasagna, I grew up eating lasagna and my kids are growing up with lasagna.
It’s one of the recipes that tend to satisfy most people.
This is what I love about lasagna:
1. It is such a hearty dish. The layers of meat, cheese and all that sauce make this a stick-to-your-ribs sort of meal.
2. This is the meal to make when you need to serve a crowd. Every lasagna recipe I have tried makes enough to feed a small army. And since it is so filling, you can serve up smaller squares.
3. The leftovers taste just as good as the day it was served and finally
4. You can make so many variations of traditional lasagna. You can use ground beef or ground turkey, pepperoni or Italian sausage.
You can add spinach or other veggies and you can vary the cheese. Lasagna is almost the perfect meal.
This is what I do not like about lasagna. It is NOT a quick recipe.
You need to plan ahead if you are going to make lasagna.
1. You have to prep the meat, work on each layer and then allow time for the lasagna to bake.
2. This dish is not the best for small families. Even if you like leftovers, you’ll be eating lasagna for days.
3. Lasagna is not an ideal dish for those who are lactose intolerant or who just don’t care for cheese (like my own kids). So I’ve decided to make a lasagna recipe that takes what I love about lasagna and eliminates what I don’t like.
This skillet lasagna recipe is made in less than 30 minutes and in only one pan!
This recipe only requires a handful of ingredients and I’ll bet you have them in your kitchen already!
Sprinkle cheese on top and broil until bubbly if desired or just serve as in.
This skillet meal is going to be added to my chicken lasagna skillet and my easy Italian meatball bake meal as one of my favorites!
It is family pleasing and easy for busy nights!
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
Skillet Meatball Lasagna Recipe
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 14 ounce can Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 14.5 ounce can Diced Tomatoes
- 32 ounces Vegetable Broth
- 1 16 ounce package Cavatappi
- 16 ounces Mini Meatballs
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 cup Ricotta Cheese, Optional
- Heat olive oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic, seasoning and pepper flakes and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes and veggie broth into the skillet and bring to a low boil.
- Add mini meatballs and pasta. Cover.
- Cook until pasta is tender and meatballs are cooked about 12 minutes.
- Preheat broiler to low. Sprinkle skillet with mozzarella and ricotta if using and broil for 5 minutes or until bubbly.
- Tanya Schroeder
- Cooking Method:
- One Pot Meals, Italian, Easy, Pasta, Simmered, Easy Dinners, Dinners, Tomatoes, Cheese
- Related Recipes:
- One Pot Meal Recipes, Italian Recipes, Easy Recipes, Pasta Recipes, Simmered Recipes, Easy Dinner Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Tomato Recipes, Cheese Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 6 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Tanya Schroeder
Recipe Yields: 6 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Amount Per Serving