Saltine Cracker Toffee is so easy and irresistible, you'll make them again and again. A classic sweet and salty treat.
Years ago, I remember being at a family reunion and I tried this graham cracker toffee bar. It was amazing and delicious, and I was SHOCKED that the base was a graham cracker. I had to keep eating, bar after bar, for taste testing purposes.
Years later I shared the recipe for those brickle bars on my blog. They are still one of our family’s favorite treats. And they are so easy too. From the time I start making them until the time I eat them it’s less than half an hour!
A big plate of those bars goes fast with my family.
Recently as I perusing Pinterest, I saw a photo for “SALTINE TOFFEE.” My mouth gaped open (seriously). Why had I not thought to make my brickle bars with saltines???
Well my friends, today, it has happened. I am happy to say the brickle bars can now be made using saltines. And the result is amazing.
The saltines have a saltier base (DUH) than a graham cracker, so the sweet and salty combo shines through on these bars!
A few notes about making Saltine Cracker Toffee:
- Pan melt your butter, then add your sugar. Bring this mixture to a rolling boil.
- Line 40 saltine crackers on a 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking sheet.
- Pour mixture over crackers, slowly, making sure that all the crackers have been covered in butter
- Sprinkle generously with chopped pecans
- Bake this for about 15 minutes. You want to make sure that the crackers look brown and caramelized.
- Use a small spatula to remove the hot cracker toffee from the pan and place it on parchment paper (or wax paper).
- Melt your chocolate chips and spread over each cracker. I pour my melted chocolate into a large Ziploc bag, then snip the corner and drizzle generously over each cracker. Works like a charm.
- Once the chocolate has hardened, store these in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. ENJOY!
Make a batch today and you’ll just how easy Saltine Toffee is to prepare. And then you’ll devour the whole batch and see just how easy it is to eat!
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!