Raspberry Butter Cookies RecipeNancy Piran | The Bitter Side of Sweet
Raspberry Butter Cookies are sweet and simple, and perfect for gifting. Light, crisp butter cookies with a dollop of raspberry jam are great with a cup of tea.
When it comes to desserts cookies happen to be my first choice if I am going to be doing any baking! They are just so easy to throw together and bake up.
When I made these Italian Butter Cookies for you guys over the holiday season, let me just say, you loved them!
I never knew that they would be such a hit, but I can totally understand why.
They were a huge hit in my house, especially with my hubby who is Italian. So, when I was thinking about making another batch of these cookies, I started thinking about other cookies that can be found in Italian bakeries.
A cookie with jam came to mind. You will find lots of cookies with different flavors such as apricot, peach, strawberry and raspberry.
Never fear you will always find chocolate as well!
Is it easy to make these cookies? Now that I’ve made them a few times they have definitely gotten easier.
A few more tips to consider:
For one, it is super important that your butter is really soft. Not melted but close. This helps when you are piping the cookies onto your sheet pan.
Secondly, make sure your egg is also at room temperature. This helps to make sure all of your ingredients are the same temperature.
What type of tip to use to pipe?
When it comes to piping them, I always use a Wilton 1M, rose swirl tip. It is pretty much the only tip I use, and I own about three of them.
It just makes the prettiest swirls ever! Do you need to use a tip? No, you actually do not.
I made little button cookies with this dough as well and they came out so cute!
What kind of jam do I use?
When it comes to jam, I pretty much just used whatever we had at the house but my preferred was seedless raspberry jam.
I definitely did not want any seeds in the center of my cookies. Also, strawberry jam is so good in these cookies as well.
For the cooking time, you will need to watch your oven once it hits 8 minutes.
The edges can brown pretty quickly so watch them closely!
If you are looking for more cookies you might like these chocolate chocolate pudding cookies or these toffee chocolate chip cookies.
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Raspberry Butter Cookies Recipe
- 10 tablespoons Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 cup Seedless Raspberry Jam
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, blend butter and sugar together until creamy. Add egg and vanilla extract. Mix until creamy.
- Whisk together flour and baking powder. Mix into butter mixture until incorporated.
- Put cookie dough into a pastry bag and pipe into cookie shapes.
- Press tiny indent into the center of each cookie.
- Pipe in 1/8 teaspoon jam into the center of each cookie.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Allow to cool completely.
- Serve and ENJOY!
- Nancy Piran
- Cooking Method:
- Cookies, Baking, Baked, Easy Desserts, Desserts, Snacks, Family Meals and Snacks, Raspberries
- Related Recipes:
- Cookie Recipes, Baking Recipes, Baked Recipes, Easy Dessert Recipes, Dessert Recipes, Snack Recipes, Family Meals and Snack Recipes, Raspberry Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 1 dozen
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Nancy Piran
Recipe Yields: 1 dozen
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Amount Per Serving