Peppermint Patty Brownie Bites RecipeKristan Roland | Confessions of a Cookbook Queen
Peppermint Patty Brownie Bites is just the treat you need at the end of a long day. Chocolate and mint can make anything better.
Mint chocolate is a tough combo to resist around here. Mint chocolate ice cream doesn’t stand a chance in my freezer – I have to resist buying it or it’s gone in days. I keep fun sized boxes of Junior Mints in my diaper bag for bribes. And when I don’t need them to bribe the toddler, they’re the perfect snack while waiting in the school car line.
Treats are necessary for the car line. It’s basically one of the worst places on earth. Sometimes I sit there thinking that I can’t believe I have five hundred million more years of school car line. It’s honestly the bane of my existence. It’s also smack dab at the tail end of my daughter’s nap time, so there are days I have to wake her up so we can go sit in the car and wait at the school.
A tired, cranky toddler plus school car line is a special kind of place. And by special, I mean not special at all.
Two of my FAVORITE treats for when I’ve just had a DAY is either brownies or frozen peppermint patty, which I hide in the freezer behind a bag of corn. The boys never mess with frozen corn. It needs cooked in a pan and doesn’t have the words “Pizza Rolls” on the package, so my precious peppermint patties are safe nestled behind it.
I decided to combine two of my favorite treats to make these peppermint patty brownies. Dark chocolate brownie bites are topped with peppermint patty filling and then dipped in chocolate shell.
They’re pretty fabulous, if I do say so myself. Perfect for the mint chocolate lover in your life!
If you’re a mint chocolate lover, be sure to check out these Junior Mint cupcakes or grasshopper parfaits. I love them both!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Peppermint Patty Brownie Bites Recipe
IngredientsFor the Brownies:
- 1 cup Salted Butter, Melted
- 1 cup Dutch Processed Cocoa, Like Hershey's Special Dark
- 2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 4 large Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 12 ounces Hot Fudge Sauce
- 1 14 ounce can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 5 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Peppermint Extract
- 2 cups Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Shortening
For the Brownies:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 48 mini muffin tins with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dark cocoa and melted butter. Stir in sugar until combined. Stir in eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each. Stir in vanilla. Fold in flour JUST until you no longer see flour streaks in the batter. Gently fold in hot fudge sauce.
- Spoon batter into prepared tins and bake for 7-10 minutes until brownies are done.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pans for about 5 minutes, then carefully remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
For the Peppermint Patty Filling:
- In a large bowl, stir together sweetened condensed milk, powdered sugar, and peppermint extract until smooth.
- Spoon on top of each brownie bite and let sit for about an hour.
For the Chocolate Coating:
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat chocolate and shortening for about 2 minutes, stopping to stir every 30 seconds until smooth.
- Carefully dip tops of brownies into the chocolate, letting excess drip off.
- Let chocolate sit and harden before serving.
- Kristan Roland
- Cooking Method:
- Desserts, Brownies, Peppermint, Party Food, Snacks, Family Meals and Snacks, Baking, Baked, Frosting
- Related Recipes:
- Dessert Recipes, Brownie Recipes, Peppermint Recipes, Party Food Recipes, Snack Recipes, Family Meals and Snack Recipes, Baking Recipes, Baked Recipes, Frosting Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 48 brownie bites
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Kristan Roland
Recipe Yields: 48 brownie bites
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Amount Per Serving