Grasshopper Parfaits RecipeKristan Roland | Confessions of a Cookbook Queen
Grasshopper Parfaits are a delicious no bake dessert you'll want to make right away. Watch them disapper!
Can I tell you about why I love parfaits?
They are seriously the easiest desserts ever. Ever! Not only that, they are gorgeous.
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve baked a lovely pie, then cut into it and served sad, ugly, droopy slices. Parfaits don’t let you down like that, friends.
They stay classy in their glass dish, just daring you to mess with their lovely layers.
Parfaits are also fast to throw together and extremely versatile. If you’ve got cake, cookies, brownies, fruit, pudding, whipped cream, or any type of fudge or caramel sauce, you are golden.
I love them in the summer when I don’t feel like getting my bake on, but they’re just as great for last minute get-togethers or days when I’m short on time but need to bring something to a dinner.
Because they’re so pretty, no one will even guess you were in a rush.
The name is even fancy. Parfait. I mean, when you’ve got a silent letter happening, you know you just upped the class level a few notches.
For this particular dessert, I used crushed Mint Oreos, but you could just as easily use crumbled mint brownies, chocolate cake, or Thin Mint cookies. Want to swirl some fudge sauce in there too? Go ahead. I ain’t mad about it.
Because St. Patrick’s Day is right around the corner, I thought the green color would be fun and festive. To be honest, we don’t do much for St. Patrick’s Day around here, but I’m never one to turn down an excuse to make a themed dessert.
You can serve these any time after preparing, but I prefer to let them sit for a few hours. The cookies soak up moisture from the pudding mixture, making them soft and cake-like.
Feel free to make this as one large dessert in a trifle dish, or layer them in small jars or dishes for individual servings.
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
Grasshopper Parfaits Recipe
- 36 Cool Mint Oreo Cookies, Finely chopped
- 3 cups Whole Milk
- 2 packages Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 12 ounces Cool Whip, Thawed
- 1/4 cup Salted Butter, Softened to room temperature
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese, Softened to room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Mint Extract
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2-3 drops Green Food Coloring
- In a large bowl, whisk together milk and pudding mixes until thick. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes, until firm. Fold in Cool Whip and refrigerate while preparing the rest of the mixture.
- In the bowl of your mixer, beat butter, cream cheese and extracts on medium speed until smooth.
- Slowly add powdered sugar and beat on medium speed for one minute, until smooth.
- Fold cream cheese mixture into pudding mixture with a rubber spatula until combined.
- Fold in green food coloring until combined.
- Spread cookie crumbs in bottom of dish.
- Layer pudding mix and cookie crumbs.
- Kristan Roland
- Cooking Method:
- No Bake
- Desserts, Chocolate, Mint, No Bake, Easy, Party Food
- Related Recipes:
- Dessert Recipes, Chocolate Recipes, Mint Recipes, No Bake Recipes, Easy Recipes, Party Food Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 12 servings
- Prep Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Kristan Roland
Recipe Yields: 12 servings
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Amount Per Serving