Peanut Butter Frosted Brownies RecipeKarly Campbell | Buns in my Oven
Peanut Butter Frosted Brownies are decadent and delicious. Combine chocolate and peanut butter in this crazy good way!
Do we even have times for brownies this time of year? Is that allowed?
All through December, it seems to be all cookies, all the time. Then comes January, it’s like we better not even look at something chocolate, let alone eat it. Well, I'm breaking the rules and I kind of like it!
By the second week of December, I get a little tired of Christmas cookies. I think to myself, hey, I'll go eat a vegetable or something! And then I go in the kitchen and look those vegetables in the face and laugh. I'm sorry, but vegetables grow in the ground. Where it's dirty. So, then I make brownies instead.
What? You don't get tired of one dessert and move on to the next, too? Sure you do! And if you don't, you should!
These brownies are utter perfection. They're an easy one bowl recipe from Alice Medrich and they are the best cocoa brownies I've ever tried.
I can't just do a plain brownie, though. Boring! I topped these off with some rich, creamy peanut butter frosting. It really takes things over the top. Be sure to smear it on in a nice thick layer, though. I mean, what is life without extra frosting? Especially when it means you’re bringing together that match made in heaven, peanut butter and chocolate.
Let’s be honest – there aren’t many combinations that make you smile like peanut butter and chocolate. So who cares if it’s January and we’re all supposed to be on some sort of diet. Everything in moderation, folks. Because peanut butter frosted brownies are worth their own resolution all together.
We LOVE brownies here on Food Fanatic. Don’t miss our black bean brownies recipe, chocolate chip shortbread brownies, and even this healthy brownies recipe packed full of protein.
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Peanut Butter Frosted Brownies Recipe
IngredientsFor the Brownies:
- 10 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 1/4 cups Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Peanut Butter
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment.
- Combine the butter, sugar, cocoa powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Set the bowl over a pan of simmering water to make a double boiler. Stir often until the butter is melted and the mixture is well combined. Let cool until the mixture is warm, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the vanilla. Add the eggs one at a time, beating each one into the mixture well. When the mixture is thick and shiny. Stir in the flour just until you can no longer see it.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted 1 inch from the edges comes out mostly clean. Cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting, beat together all of the ingredients in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add more cream if desired to thin the frosting out a bit or leave it thick and fudgy.
- Spread the frosting over the cooled browneis and cut into 16 squares.
- Karly Campbell
- Cooking Method:
- Brownies, Bar Desserts, Desserts, Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Baked
- Related Recipes:
- Brownie Recipes, Bar Dessert Recipes, Dessert Recipes, Chocolate Recipes, Peanut Butter Recipes, Baked Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 16 brownies
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Karly Campbell
Recipe Yields: 16 brownies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Amount Per Serving