Peanut Butter Bacon Breakfast Cookies RecipeSarah Grossett | The Gold Lining Girl
Peanut butter bacon breakfast cookies are sweet, savory, and so good! You’ll love the excuse to have cookies for breakfast.
I had the best idea ever. I don’t think these Peanut Butter Bacon Breakfast Cookies have ever been done before. Well, maybe they’ve been done before, but if they have, I don’t know about it.
Honestly, when I have a really unique and creative idea, and I think it’s a rare case where maybe no one else has thought of it, I don’t even like to look. I don’t want to know. I don’t Google or dig around or research to see if someone else has done it. I just want to live in my happy world where I thought of this idea first.
So this is my original idea, and it’s the greatest idea, and I’m super proud of it. Let’s leave it at that. K? J There are definitely a lot of breakfast cookie recipes out there, and I’ve even got a few other ones that are similar: these Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Cookies, and these Breakfast Chunky Monkey Cookies.
I use the same base for my breakfast cookies, and then I tweak it. No need to reinvent the wheel. My basic breakfast cookie recipe is super versatile and they change up easily. They start with oats and oat flour, so they’re loaded with good carbs!
They have just a touch of brown sugar, lots of cinnamon and spices, a few mashed bananas to hold them together, as well as a bit of nut butter, which also provides healthy fats. They’re hearty and filling, and you can make a batch in about 30 minutes, start to finish.
These Peanut Butter Bacon Breakfast Cookies are quick to whip up, and they are lovely for breakfast on-the-go or as a filling snack. I make some variation of my breakfast cookies every few weeks because they’re so handy to have… well, on hand.
All of this to say: I’ve never seen a Bacon Breakfast Cookie, and these had to happen. I love my other breakfast cookie recipes, but I’m sure you can guess that these are my favorite.
You know what makes these particularly special is not just the crumbled bits of fried bacon, but also that these have extra peanut butter, and a lot of peanut butter chips. I know that the peanut butter chips detract these from being a perfectly ideal and healthy meal, BUUUUUT they’re SO worth it!
The combo of salty bacon with bits of creamy, melty, nutty peanut butter is absolute perfection. Don’t skimp on the peanut butter chips because they’re what really send these Peanut Butter Bacon Breakfast Cookies over the top!
I’m totally hooked on this breakfast cookie variation in particular. Try one batch, and you will be too!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Peanut Butter Bacon Breakfast Cookies Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 cup Oat Flour
- 1/3 cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- pinch of Salt
- 2 large Ripe Bananas, mashed
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 cup Peanut Butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Peanut Butter Chips
- 6 slices Cooked Bacon, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oats, oat flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mashed bananas, egg, peanut butter, and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and stir until just combined.
- Fold in the peanut butter chips and bacon.
- Drop by 1/4 cup scoops onto parchment paper or silicone mat-lined baking sheets. Flatten slightly.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until cookies are lightly browned at the edges.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- These are great warm from the oven, but also at room temperature, and even refrigerated.
- Store in a cool, airtight container.
- Sarah Grossett
- Cooking Method:
- Make Ahead
- Peanut Butter, Breakfasts, Cookies, Bacon, Family Meals and Snacks, Bananas, Make Ahead, Oats
- Related Recipes:
- Peanut Butter Recipes, Breakfast Recipes, Cookie Recipes, Bacon Recipes, Family Meals and Snack Recipes, Banana Recipes, Make Ahead Recipes, Oat Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 1 dozen
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Sarah Grossett
Recipe Yields: 1 dozen
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Amount Per Serving