Peanut Butter & Jelly Torte RecipeSarah Grossett | The Gold Lining Girl
Ridiculous Peanut Butter & Jelly Torte. Ridiculously good, that is. You're gonna love it!
Ever since making this Peanut Butter Cup Brownie Torte, I got a little obsessed with making blondie or brownie tortes. I’ve never actually made a cake torte, but if we’re using the term ‘torte’ loosely, and you count tortes that are made from layers of blondies or brownies, then I’ve made many a torte.
I love that Peanut Butter Cup Brownie Torte recipe – it’s one of my favorite recipes on the whole blog. Layers of brownie with peanut butter buttercream, chocolate ganache, and whole, full-size Reese’s peanut butter cups. It is as decadent as it gets. It almost can’t be outdone.
And this Red Velvet Brownie Torte is also fantastic. The thick slabs of fudgy red velvet brownies with layers of chocolate chip cream cheese frosting are incredible. It’s such a decadent dessert too, but also so elegant with its vibrant red hue and unbeatable height!
It was a natural next step that I would make a Peanut Butter & Jelly Torte. A favorite childhood meal, made into this beautiful dessert!
This Peanut Butter & Jelly Torte is your favorite childhood sandwich, dressed up into a beautiful, tall, and kinda fancy dessert. It’s surprisingly easy to make, and comes with a surprisingly short ingredient list. Most of these ingredients are already in your pantry! As much as it looks complicated to make with all the layers, it’s really quite simple.
It starts with a pan of 3-ingredient peanut butter blondies. These bars are based on my favorite recipe for easy 3-ingredient peanut butter cookies. Instead of making cookies though, we press the dough into a 9x13-inch pan, and bake it into ‘blondies.’ Cut into three large sections, and stack the peanut butter blondies with thick layers of peanut butter buttercream.
Give a hearty drizzle of strawberry jam or strawberry ice cream topping on every layer, and you’re set. You can pipe the buttercream if you want a fancier look to this torte, but you can also just slather it onto each layer for ease.
Either way, your end result is an ultra-rich and decadent torte, inspired by your favorite childhood sandwich – PB&J!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Peanut Butter & Jelly Torte Recipe
IngredientsFor the Peanut Butter Blondies:
- 2 cups Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Butter, softened
- 1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 3 cups Powdered Sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons Heavy Cream
- 1 12 ounce jar Strawberry Ice Cream Topping
- Line a 9x13-inch baking pan with foil, letting it extend over the edges.
- Spray it liberally with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine peanut butter, sugar, and eggs.
- Spread evenly into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake at 325°F for 30-35 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown, and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Carefully lift the peanut butter blondies out of the pan using the foil overhang.
- Cut the blondies horizontally into 3 even pieces, approximately 9x4 inches.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and peanut butter until well-combined.
- Add powdered sugar, and 1 tablespoon cream.
- Beat until fluffy, about 3-5 minutes, adding cream as needed to achieve desired consistency. It should be thick and fluffy, but spreadable.
- To assemble torte, place one of the blondie sections onto a serving platter.
- Spread with 1/3 of the peanut butter buttercream and 1/3 jar of strawberry topping.
- Top with second layer of blondie section, another 1/3 of the buttercream, and 1/3 of the strawberry topping.
- Repeat with final layer.
- Refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour. Cut and serve.
- Sarah Grossett
- Cooking Method:
- Peanut Butter, Jellies, Strawberries, Baked, Baking, Bar Desserts, Desserts, Party Food, Holidays
- Related Recipes:
- Peanut Butter Recipes, Jelly Recipes, Strawberry Recipes, Baked Recipes, Baking Recipes, Bar Dessert Recipes, Dessert Recipes, Party Food Recipes, Holiday Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 10 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Sarah Grossett
Recipe Yields: 10 servings
Prep Time: 80 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 115 minutes
Amount Per Serving