Banana Brownies with Peanut Butter Frosting RecipeSarah Grossett | The Gold Lining Girl
Banana Brownies with Peanut Butter Frosting are the ultimate in decadence. Elvis would fully approve.
Banana brownies with peanut butter chips, peanut butter buttercream, and crumbled, fried bacon!
When you bake with peanut butter as much as I do, it can get a little difficult to be creative.
There’s a million things that go really great with peanut butter, and I’ve hardly exhausted the possibilities, BUT, it does get hard to think outside the box.
We’ve ventured into fluffernutter, banana, chocolate (both regular and white), and even coconut, but there is one crucial peanut butter pairing that we haven’t yet covered: bacon.
Yes, bacon. Is there anything that bacon can’t be paired with these days?
I think bacon was always pretty popular, but it’s really experienced a resurgence in the last few years.
Bacon is a trendy food at the moment. Who’d have thought?
It’s just so salty and greasy though that it’s hard not to love. Everybody craves a good fat-laden, sodium bomb now and again.
It also offers some protein, so if you’re strictly nutritionally-minded, at least there’s that.
These Elvis Brownies not only combine peanut butter and bacon, a surprisingly awesome duo, but they also include banana and chocolate. There’s a little bit of everything in these Elvis Brownies.
Because, why stop at just peanut butter and bacon, I always say.
The brownies themselves are actually lightened a bit by substituting mashed banana for some of the oil. Combining chocolate and banana is delicious anyway, and you shave off a few calories too.
That will be handy when we top these brownies with fried bacon.
Throw some peanut butter chips in with the brownie batter, and you’ve got a moist and delicious banana brownie with melty and gooey peanut butter chips. Bam.
Next up, slather them with peanut butter buttercream. It’s my favorite.
It’s surprisingly fluffy and light for having so much dense peanut butter, but it really is a fluffy frosting. The peanut butter flavor is intense, and that’s just how you want it to be!
Now, crumble the brownies with a hefty dose of fried, crispy bacon. Are you still with me?
We’ve built a circle of trust by now, right? You know I wouldn’t lead you astray. Trust me.. the bacon makes these!
These banana brownies with peanut butter chips and a peanut butter buttercream are decadent, no doubt about it. Add salty fried bacon on top for a little salty crunch, and these Elvis Brownies are seriously the ultimate in decadence!
Even if you don’t like Elvis’ music for some reason, he definitely got this flavor combo right!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Banana Brownies with Peanut Butter Frosting Recipe
IngredientsFor the Brownies:
- 1 box Brownie Mix, Like Hershey's brand with the chocolate syrup!
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Egg, Plus 1 yolk
- 2 large Bananas, Mashed
- 1 cup Peanut Butter Chips
- 3/4 cup Butter, Softened
- 1 1/4 cups Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Cream, Or milk
- 6 slices Cooked Bacon, Crumbled
- In a large mixing bowl, combine brownie mix, water, vegetable oil, eggs, and mashed banana.
- Beat until well-combined.
- Fold in peanut butter chips.
- Spread batter into a greased 9x13-inch pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 22-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, combine butter, peanut butter, vanilla, powdered sugar, and milk.
- Beat until light and fluffy, about 5-7 minutes.
- Frost the cooled brownies and crumble fried bacon over the top.
- Cut and serve. Devour!!
- Sarah Grossett
- Cooking Method:
- Peanut Butter, Brownies, Bar Desserts, Bananas, Baking, Baked, Frosting, Bacon, Desserts, Party Food, Snacks, Family Meals and Snacks
- Related Recipes:
- Peanut Butter Recipes, Brownie Recipes, Bar Dessert Recipes, Banana Recipes, Baking Recipes, Baked Recipes, Frosting Recipes, Bacon Recipes, Dessert Recipes, Party Food Recipes, Snack Recipes, Family Meals and Snack Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 30 brownies
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Sarah Grossett
Recipe Yields: 30 brownies
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Amount Per Serving