Paleo Pumpkin Waffles RecipeAmanda Livesay | Fake Ginger
Paleo Pumpkin Waffles mixes in one bowl and comes together in minutes. Hello, autumn!
Meet my newest paleo breakfast obsession.
I am typically more of a fan of a savory breakfast but sometimes a girl just wants waffles. Especially this time of year when pumpkin anticipation has officially taken over my life. I CAN’T WAIT FOR PUMPKIN EVERYTHING!
As someone who doesn’t like to spend a lot of time in the kitchen first thing in the morning, I appreciate an easy breakfast recipe that won’t have me breaking a sweat before I even finish my first cup of coffee. No beating egg whites separately and then gently folding them in, you know? This recipe is all mixed in one bowl and then cooks up in minutes.
These waffles are so yummy! You get just a hint of the pumpkin — it’s not overpowering, but you know it’s there. They are a little spicy thanks to the cinnamon and cloves in the pumpkin pie spice, and super yummy because of the banana. And don’t worry if you aren’t a coconut person, the coconut flour and coconut oil don’t add much flavor but the coconut flour gives the waffles that texture that I absolutely love in paleo baked goods.
My husband likes to cover his in sunflower seed butter and then fold it sandwich style for a portable breakfast, but I prefer to spread mine with the sunflower seed butter and then drizzle a little warm maple syrup over the top. Because why not? It is so delicious that way, and I definitely recommend that you try it on any waffle.
Paleo waffles can be such a pain. Sometimes they stick to the waffle maker, sometimes they fall apart when you try to remove them, sometimes they are so dense and dry that you can’t even eat them. But these? They are light and fluffy and definitely one of the best paleo waffle recipes I have tried.
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
Paleo Pumpkin Waffles Recipe
- 2 large Bananas, Mashed
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 5 large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Almond Butter
- 1/4 cup Melted Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- 2 tablespoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- pinch of Salt
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat bananas, pumpkin, eggs, almond butter, and melted coconut oil until smooth.
- Add the coconut flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla, and salt and beat until well mixed.
- Spray waffle iron with coconut oil and cook waffles according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Amanda Livesay
- From The Paleo Kitchen: Finding Primal Joy in Modern Cooking
- Cooking Method:
- Paleo, Waffles, Breakfasts, Brunches, Pumpkin, Fall, Easy, Griddle
- Related Recipes:
- Paleo Recipes, Waffle Recipes, Breakfast Recipes, Brunch Recipes, Pumpkin Recipes, Fall Recipes, Easy Recipes, Griddle Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 5 waffles
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Amanda Livesay
Source: From The Paleo Kitchen: Finding Primal Joy in Modern Cooking
Recipe Yields: 5 waffles
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Amount Per Serving