Paleo Eggs in a Basket RecipeAmanda Livesay | Fake Ginger
Paleo Eggs in a Basket means you don’t have to miss out on your favorite breakfast. You might even like it better than the original!
I’m doing that thing where I find a way to put spaghetti squash into every meal again.
I go through such weird stages with spaghetti squash. I haven’t cooked one in months but now it’s all I can think about and I’m roasting several a week.
I think I’ve had it in every single meal I’ve had for the last week.
These Paleo Eggs in a Basket are my current favorite way to have it and I wish I could say I’m only having it once a day at breakfast time but there have been days when I’ve made it 3 times. It’s becoming a problem.
It’s just so easy and so fast and so good for you!
You just melt a little coconut oil (or ghee or butter or whatever your diet allows) in a hot skillet, add the spaghetti squash and shape it into a circle with a hole in the center.
Crack the egg into the center and season it with salt and pepper or whatever seasonings you like (highly recommend those everything but the bagel seasonings that are all the rage right now), and cook until your egg reaches your desired doneness.
I usually cover mine in salsa, but you can top yours with fresh herbs, cheese (if you eat it), avocado slices, whatever you usually put on top of your eggs.
If you are my 6-year-old, that’s half a bottle of ketchup.
As far as meal prepping, get your spaghetti squash cooked and shredded on the weekends and just store it in an airtight container in the fridge for all week for quick and easy breakfast. Literally will take you 5 minutes if your spaghetti squash is ready to go.
Also, this is so easily doubled if you want 2 eggs - double the amount of spaghetti squash or just make the hole in the center larger to accommodate 2 eggs. You really can’t mess this up.
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
Paleo Eggs in a Basket Recipe
- 1 teaspoon Coconut Oil
- 1 cup Cooked Spaghetti Squash
- 1 Egg
- Salt and Pepper
- Fresh Herbs, for serving, if desired
- Melt coconut oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add spaghetti squash and shape into a circle, leaving a hole in the center for the egg.
- Crack egg into the center and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook 2 - 3 minutes, until egg reaches desired doneness.
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs before serving.
- Visit Amanda’s post on roasting spaghetti squash to learn how.
- Amanda Livesay
- Cooking Method:
- Paleo, Breakfasts, Brunches, Lunches, Squash, Healthy Eating, Easy, Fried
- Related Recipes:
- Paleo Recipes, Breakfast Recipes, Brunch Recipes, Lunch Recipes, Squash Recipes, Healthy Eating Recipes, Easy Recipes, Fried Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 1 serving
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Amanda Livesay
Recipe Yields: 1 serving
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Nutrition FactsServings Per Recipe 1
Amount Per ServingCalories from Fat 72Calories 133
% Daily Value*14%Total Fat 9g15%Saturated Fat 3g0%Sodium 0mg2%Total Carbohydrate 5g1%Dietary Fiber 1gSugars 2g12%Protein 6g
* Percent Daily Value are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.** Nutrition Facts are estimated based on ingredients and data provided by Fat Secret. Please consult a doctor if you have special dietary needs.