Paleo Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies RecipeAmanda Livesay | Fake Ginger
Paleo Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies will be your new favorites, for all time. Paleo or not, these babies are gorgeous!
Meet my new favorite cookie.
I’m having this thing with coconut this summer. It started with this peanut coconut sauce that I was making daily and putting on everything and now I’ve moved onto cookies.
I mean, can you blame me? Coconut and chocolate is such a perfect combination.
Naturally, I’m obsessed with these Paleo Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies.
I have been making a batch almost every week and then I’ll make some paleo ice cream and I’ll count down the minutes until the kids go to bed so I can sandwich the ice cream between these cookies and enjoy them in total silence.
That’s totally normal, right?
These cookies are actually really easy. You just use almond flour in place of the white flour you would typically use in a non-paleo cookie.
And then honey instead of sugar and coconut oil instead of butter. The rest is the same.
And then at the end you stir in some paleo-friendly chocolate chip cookies and some unsweetened flaked coconut.
And then all you have to do is bake until golden!
If you have never had a paleo cookie made with almond flour, it may take you a few cookies to get used to the texture. They are quite a bit softer than your standard chocolate chip cookie but not in a bad, falling apart sort of way.
They actually hold up really well, and as I mentioned, are perfect for ice cream sandwiches. Or dipping into paleo-friendly nut milk.
Or coffee. Or just hide in your pantry and eat them alone when you’re trying to hide from your kids because they’re driving you crazy and summer is very long.
But yeah, I think they’re delicious and to be completely honest, I would choose a paleo cookie over a regular cookie any day.
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
Paleo Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies Recipe
- 3 1/2 cups Almond Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Paleo-friendly Chocolate Chips, like Enjoy Life
- 1 cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together almond flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer to beat together coconut oil and honey. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until combined. Beat in almond flour mixture until fully incorporated. Use a rubber spatula to fold in chocolate chips and coconut.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of dough onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 8 - 10 minutes, until cookies are light golden brown, rotating the sheets halfway through. Let cookies cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Repeat with remaining dough.
- Amanda Livesay
- Cooking Method:
- Paleo Desserts
- Paleo, Paleo Desserts, Cookies, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Coconut, Baking, Baked
- Related Recipes:
- Paleo Recipes, Paleo Dessert Recipes, Cookie Recipes, Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes, Coconut Recipes, Baking Recipes, Baked Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 30 cookies
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Amanda Livesay
Recipe Yields: 30 cookies
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Amount Per Serving