Paleo Caramel Apple Gingersnaps are the joy of Fall in every bite. Apples, caramel, and goregous ginger.
Ginger snaps. Like those SUPER chewy, but somehow STILL crunchy cookies that are rolled around in sugar and burst with spicy cinnamon and ginger in every.single.bite.
Yeah, you know them. Your grandmas made approximately elevently billion and two of those blue tins FULL of them. I know you know the tins I’m talking about. For some reason Grandmas seem to have closets JAM packed with them.
I vote we all nominate our Grammies for that show, Hoarders. You in? I KNEW YOU’D AGREE.
ANYWAY. Healthy ginger snaps that Grandma made except, like, EVEN BETTER because teensy tiny pieces of chewy, sweet dried apple andandand they’re DOUSED in the thickest, creamiest PALEO caramel sauce that I may or may not be drinking down with a STRAW as I type.
I thought about drizzling it on my face while typing, but the Huberoni might be mad if I told him I bought a new computer because CARAMELZ X-PLOSIONZ is a real thing that happened to me.
It’s like that time he asked what I was going to do with a brownie batter cheesecake dip. What kind of question IS THAT? Obviously I am going to dip straight into it with my head and eat it out of the container, only coming up for air when I am THIIIIIIS close to suffocating. Which is EXACTLY how I feel about this rich, velvety smooth and sweet caramel sauce.
He doesn’t get it.
Whatever. More for me.
On the plus side, he isn’t a total loss, because he, like me, obsessed in an obsessive sort of way over these cookies that are secretly pretty darn good for you. Give or take a few tablespoons of butter. But, let’s just take a peep at the rest of the ingredients to see if the butter even counts mmkay?
- Coconut sugar. It comes from trees. Tree-growing-things are usually a vegetable or fruit. Therefore, HEALTH FOOD YES PLEASE.
- Coconut oil. I put this in my hair once. It made it shiny and healthy. It did the same thing for my skin. Clearly, it’s always a good idea to put it into your body.
- Almond & coconut flour. Nuts. Healthy fats. From trees. See point 1.
- Dried apples. AGAIN. FRUIT. So much fruit in here that I don’t even know if we can call these “cookies” considering you’re getting the required 4 or 5, or whatever, servings of fruit per day by EATING THEM.
- If you actually need point 5 you need to question your life. BUT, here: Butter is from cows. Cows say MOO and are full of general cuteness and natural-land-dwelling-animal-ness. That = awesome.
It makes sense if you don’t think about it too hard.
I bet you are 135.6% percent down for some spicy-sweet, baked apple, caramel covered ginger snap-age RIGHT NOW.
I won’t even judge you too much if you whip out one of them blue cookie tins.
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!