Oreo Peanut Butter Brownies RecipeKarly Campbell | Buns in my Oven
Oreo Peanut Butter Brownies are layers and layers of perfect decadence. Hello, dessert perfection!
I'm gettin' a little worried here, people. You guys are sitting there behind your computers with your judgy eyes and you're thinking to yourselves, "Is this lady some kind of one hit wonder?"
I mean, no. You don't think I'm like some musician with a catchy tune on the radio (...la da da da da, so call me maybeeeeeeee...), but you're thinking "has she ever experienced any flavors other than chocolate and peanut butter?"
I assure you that I do, in fact, have access to things other than chocolate and peanut butter in my tiny little town in the middle of a cornfield. It's just that I don't really ever want to bake with those other flavors.
So, here I am and there you are. Friends for life, bonded together in our love of salty sweet chocolate peanut butter goodness. This time I'm mixing things up with Oreo cookies, because Oreo cookies make everything better. Fact.
Now, these little bars of goodness are called brookies. Have you ever had a brookie? Do you know a brookie is? It's a combination of a brownie and a cookie and it's perfect for those baking days when you're feeling indecisive. No one should have to choose between a brownie and a cookie and I'm here to ensure that you have options. Brookie options.
You can mix these up with chocolate chip cookie dough instead of peanut butter cookie dough, but like I said. I'm obsessed with chocolate and peanut butter. If you're feeling especially lazy, go ahead and use both a box mix for the brownies and a package of refrigerated cookie dough! Dessert doesn't get much easier than that, does it?
I have to say, the peanut butter cookie recipe that I've used here is my all time favorite though. It makes the softest, most peanut butter-iest cookies ever, and if you want to bake just the cookie dough, go for it! Just chill the dough for 30 minutes before baking and then scoop it out like you would any other cookie and bake for 8 minutes exactly.
Not in the mood for brownies or cookies or brookies? No problem. Give these Coconut Lemon Bars a shot! They'll remind you that Spring is just around the corner, and they're even gluten free!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Oreo Peanut Butter Brownies Recipe
- 1 box Brownie Mix, prepared according to package directions, but not baked
- 1/2 cup Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 3/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 10 lemon oreos (Oreos, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pour prepared brownie mix into a greased 9x13 baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes and remove from oven.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, peanut butter, and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg. Stir in the vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add to the creamed mixture and beat until well combined.
- Stir in the Oreo cookies.
- Drop chunks of the cookie dough as evenly as possible over the brownie batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cookies and brownies are both baked through. Cool completely before cutting and serving.
- Karly Campbell
- Cooking Method:
- Bar Desserts, Baked, Brownies, Cookies, Peanut Butter, Chocolate, Oreos, Desserts
- Related Recipes:
- Bar Dessert Recipes, Baked Recipes, Brownie Recipes, Cookie Recipes, Peanut Butter Recipes, Chocolate Recipes, Oreo Recipes, Dessert Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 16 bars
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Karly Campbell
Recipe Yields: 16 bars
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Amount Per Serving