Nachos for One RecipeBrie Norris | Toaster Oven Love
Nachos for one is the best way to satisfy your cheesy chip cravings without going overboard. The crispy crunchy baked corn tortilla chips make them extra delicious!
I don’t know about you but I find the combination of gooey melted cheese and corn tortilla chips IRRESISTIBLE. Like eat until you’re full and then keep eating because “it would be a sin to waste nachos” irresistible.
Sometimes I’ll indulge my inner cheese lovin’ beast with a half batch of healthy-ish veggie nachos or sweet potato nachos. But on the days where only a real, basic, chip n’ cheese situation will do I throw together these nachos for one.
The whole thing takes about 20 minutes and thanks to our toaster oven the tortilla chips are crispy, not soggy like microwaved nachos.
Food Crack, that’s what store-bought tortilla chips are in our house. Once we've opened a bag my husband and I turn into crazed salty tortilla chip fanatics.
Full Costco-sized bags have been known to disappear over a single weekend. So for both our sakes, I try not to buy bagged chips.
Instead, we make single serving batches of toaster oven baked corn tortilla chips. They’re portion controlled, have that same yummy salty flavor, and are the perfect base for a small batch of nachos for one.
All you need to make them is a corn tortilla, oil and, salt. Spray both sides of the tortilla with a little oil and season well with salt. Slice it into wedges and then bake in your toaster oven until crispy. Easy peasy.
Let your chips cool on the pan for a few minutes, they’ll get crispier as they cool. Then pile on the cheese. Block cheese you shred yourself will melt best. But I usually grab a few tablespoons of pre-shredded cheese and get on with it.
Top your chips with the cheese, turn your toaster oven to Broil and pop the pan back in. It should only take a minute or two for the cheese to melt so don’t wander off.
Finish those cheesy chips with a few teaspoons of your favorite toppings. Then dig in before someone asks you to share!
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
Nachos for One Recipe
- 1 Corn Tortilla, 6 inches
- Fine Sea Salt
- 3 tablespoons Shredded Cheese
- jalapeños Jalapeño, sliced
- Chopped Tomatoes
- Plain Greek Yogurt
- Adjust your toaster oven’s cooking rack to the middle position and preheat to 350°F. Lightly grease your baking pan.
- Spray or brush one side of the tortilla with a little oil and sprinkle generously with salt. Flip tortillas over, repeat oil and salt, then slice into six triangles
- Arrange tortilla pieces in an even layer on your prepared pan.
- Bake the chips for 8 minutes, remove the pan, flip the chips and return the pan to the toaster oven. Continue baking until the chips have crisped, about 3 to 4 minutes more. Remove pan and allow chips to cool for a few minutes and crisp further.
- Sprinkle cheese over chips and broil just until the cheese is melted, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add your favorite toppings and enjoy.
- You may need to adjust the cooking time for your chips (shorter or longer) as toaster ovens and tortilla brands vary.
- Brie Norris
- Cooking Method:
- Tex Mex
- Cooking for One
- Toaster Oven Cooking, Tex Mex, Cooking for One, Easy, Baked, Snacks, Family Meals and Snacks, Easy Dinners
- Related Recipes:
- Toaster Oven Cooking Recipes, Tex Mex Recipes, Cooking for One Recipes, Easy Recipes, Baked Recipes, Snack Recipes, Family Meals and Snack Recipes, Easy Dinner Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 1 serving
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Brie Norris
Recipe Yields: 1 serving
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Amount Per Serving