Mint Chocolate Chip Truffles are an amazing party food. Bring along a big bowl to your next get together!
I could just shovel that frosting into my mouth, but why not create a treat that serves the same purpose, but is a little daintier?
Okay, maybe not dainty. How about “acceptable”? I mean, do people think it is okay to eat frosting by the spoonful?
Sure, in the privacy of your own home, but at parties?
These mint chocolate chip truffles are the perfect party food! You’ll be the star of the show if you bring a big bowl of these along!
And I promise they are so easy to assemble.
A few quick tips:
- Start with softened butter and cream cheese. If it’s too cold, it doesn’t get as smooth and creamy as you need it for the filling!
- Make sure when it’s time to add the extract you use PEPPERMINT, not mint. Unless you like spearmint. These can be now known as after dinner truffles… no need to brush your teeth, these taste like toothpaste. Yeah. Let’s avoid that and just use peppermint, m’kay?
- Let’s talk food coloring. I get the best results when I use Americolor gels. I dip a toothpick into the gel and “swipe” it into my butter mixture. This little bit is all I need to get the soft green coloring. If you only have drops, just add one drop at a time. Ain’t nobody wanna eat grass colored mints. Ha!
- Use a one tablespoon scoop to portion out your filling. You’ll want to drop your truffles onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. And FREEZE them for about an hour (more than that is fine too).
- Use finger tips to shape frozen truffles into a ball. Then use a toothpick to dip truffle into melted chocolate. Again, USE GOOD CHOCOLATE. I love the bags of Ghirardelli Melting Wafers. Not only do they melt smooth, but they taste delicious too. I loved using a combination of white and dark chocolate. Feel free to do both, or choose your favorite
Check out some of my other favorite truffle and candy recipes!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!