- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 pound Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Onion, diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 10 ounces Diced Tomatoes with Chilies, (1 can), WITH juice
- 1 4 ounce can Diced Jalapeño Peppers
- 1 cup Frozen Corn
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 1/2 cups Reduced Sodium Chicken Stock, or beef stock
- 2 cups Elbow Macaroni, (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese, (4 ounces)
- Chopped Cilantro, for garnish
In a large skillet, brown ground beef along with onions and garlic, about 5 minutes.
Add the tomatoes (with juice), jalapeño peppers, corn, salt, pepper, cumin, chicken stock and pasta. Stir to combine.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cover with a lid. Cook for 15 minutes or until pasta is cooked through. Pasta will continue to absorb liquid after removing from heat.
Stir in cheese and sprinkle with cilantro before serving.