Lemon Basil Salmon RecipeBrianna Hobbs | Flippin' Delicious
Lemon Basil Salmon is an easy yet elegant summer meal. Light and bright.
With two kids, it can sometimes be a long time between date nights in our house. Between getting a babysitter, making plans, and the stress of leaving our kids, we put off date nights more often than we really should.
When we do have date nights, we usually opt for a date night at home, because it’s easier and usually less expensive.
Just because you’re having date night at home doesn’t mean that it doesn’t get to be romantic. I made this Lemon Basil Salmon, and I served it with a homemade charcuterie board with gluten free french bread, cheese, pickles, and capers.
And of course, what is an at home date night without a few cocktails? Our favorites are my honey lavender margarita or my dairy free funfetti cocktail.
This lemon basil salmon recipe doesn’t take that long to cook, and it doesn’t require any marination. So you can broil the salmon, which only takes about 10 minutes, while you whip up a few cocktails and arrange your charcuterie board.
I let my husband tuck the kids in bed while I got everything set up for our date night. It took me less time than I expected, and I found myself sipping on my margarita while I waited for him to join me. Good thing I made a few extras.
The salmon is nice and buttery, and the flavors are really light and bright.
It’s flaky, it’s moist, and you could probably cut into it with a spoon.
You can eat it plain, or you can put it on some toasted gluten free french bread and eat it that way. It’s accompanied really well with some soft cheese like a brie or camembert, and the capers from our board provided a salty bite that compliments the light flavors of the basil salmon so well.
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
Lemon Basil Salmon Recipe
- 4 Salmon Fillets, 4 ounces each, pin bones removed
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Chopped Basil
- 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- zest and juice from one Lemon
- Preheat the broiler on your oven to high. Place your fillets on a baking sheet skin side down
- Place the remaining ingredients in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds, or until the butter is melted.
- Pour the butter over the salmon filets and place them under the broiler until the fish turns opaque and flakes easily with a fork, about 5-10 minutes depending on how hot your broiler is and how close your oven rack is to it.
- Dairy free butter is fine, or extra virgin olive oil to make it paleo
- Brianna Hobbs
- Gluten Free
- Gluten Free Dinners
- Gluten Free Dinners, Gluten Free, Dinners, Easy Dinners, Seafood, Salmon, Lemons, Basil, Family Meals and Snacks
- Related Recipes:
- Gluten Free Dinner Recipes, Gluten Free Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Easy Dinner Recipes, Seafood Recipes, Salmon Recipes, Lemon Recipes, Basil Recipes, Family Meals and Snack Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 4 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Brianna Hobbs
Recipe Yields: 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Amount Per Serving