Italian Sausage Pasta with White Beans RecipeLisa Grant | Jersey Girl Cooks
Italian Sausage Pasta with White Beans is an easy, hearty dinner to make for the whole family. Choose your favorite Italian sausage and you’ll have a delicious dinner!
I know the keto diet and low carb dinners are all the rage right now. While that works for many people, I have teenagers that like to eat and need their carbs.
My family also happens to love pasta. So, pasta recipes show up on our table at least once a week.
This hearty Italian sausage pasta dish also contains white beans along with spinach and tomatoes. No one will go hungry in my house!
Spicy Italian sausage is a favorite of mine. My husband and I love spicy food, so the more hot pepper in our sausage, the better it is.
Feel free to use turkey sausage or another type, but I think spicy Italian sausage gives this dish the most flavor. Spinach and sundried tomatoes are also added so I don’t even have to make extra vegetables on the side.
I often make garlic bread because as I said before, my teenage son loves to carb load especially since he plays hours and hours of soccer.
This meal is filling, but I do like to have some sort of dessert after dinner so this fruit salad is the perfect light dessert.
Or skip the dessert and have an after dinner drink like some homemade coffee liquor.
This dinner can be made in one pot or the pasta can be boiled and then the sausage can be cooked in a large frying pan.
I prefer the one pot method because the less pots I have to wash, the better my night is.
If takes a bit longer to cook this way but if you are in a real rush, you can use two pots and do the dishes later. Both methods are easy enough to get dinner on the table.
If you make Italian Sausage Pasta with White Beans, you’ll want the leftovers for lunch the next day. It’s easy to reheat in the microwave and might taste even better the second day!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Italian Sausage Pasta with White Beans Recipe
- 16 ounces Dried Orecchiette Pasta
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 12 ounces Italian Sausage, sliced into bite-sized pieces or crumbled
- 1 tablespoon Chopped Garlic
- 1/2 cup Sundried Tomatoes, chopped
- 6 ounces Baby Spinach, chopped
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 3 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1 15 oz can Cannellini Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon Dried Basil
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Parmesan Cheese, for serving
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted water al dente according to package directions. Drain the pasta and keep warm. Reserve about one cup of pasta water.
- Add the oil to the pot and bring heat to medium. Brown the sausage and cook for about 10 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Add the garlic, sun dried tomatoes and spinach. Cook for a few minutes or until the spinach is wilted. Add the chicken broth and stir in the tomato paste. Add the beans and simmer on low for about 10 minutes or until the veggies are cooked and the sauce thickens.
- Add the pasta to the pot along with the dried basil. Add the pasta water, stir and cook on low until everything is well blended.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve in a large bowl with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Lisa Grant
- Cooking Method:
- Easy Dinners, Dinners, Italian, Sausage, Pasta, Beans, Easy, Simmered, One Pot Meals
- Related Recipes:
- Easy Dinner Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Italian Recipes, Sausage Recipes, Pasta Recipes, Bean Recipes, Easy Recipes, Simmered Recipes, One Pot Meal Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 6 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Lisa Grant
Recipe Yields: 6 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Amount Per Serving