Italian Hamburger Pie RecipeErin S. | Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
Italian Hamburger Pie is an easy casserole perfect for any weeknight. If your family loves classic Italian flavors, they'll love this...
Fall is here, and the evenings are getting cooler. That means it is the season of soups and casseroles! I am not big on making casseroles, mainly because my family just doesn’t eat them. They don’t like too many things combined in one dish. They are kind of strange like that. My husband and son both eat all of one thing on their plate, before moving onto anything else. My husband won’t even put any side dishes on his plate until he has finished his main course. Crazy people, I tell ya’!
This Italian hamburger pie though, they both ate up quickly. Probably because it didn’t have a lot going on. You could doctor this up, and add some veggies if you wanted to. I just stuck with the basics.
This is my take on one of my husband’s favorites from his childhood – a simple hamburger casserole found in Bisquick cookbooks. This does take about 30 minutes in the oven, but less than 15 minutes of hands on time. Perfect amount of time for you to help kids with homework, or get some laundry folded. Whatever you need to get done on busy weeknights while it cooks.
I served this hamburger pie with a side salad for a quick and healthy dinner. If you have an extra few minutes, you could even whip up Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette for your salad. Leftovers of this were perfect the next day for lunch. This cheesy pie would also be excellent with Julia's Roasted Garlic and Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes Recipe.
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Italian Hamburger Pie Recipe
- 1 pound Lean Ground Beef
- 1 small Onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 cup Marinara Sauce
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Canola Oil
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a 9 inch pie plate with non-stick spray.
- In a large skillet brown ground beef, onion, and garlic together until fully cooked (about 10 minutes).
- Stir in Italian seasoning, marinara sauce and Mozzarella cheese. Pour meat mixture into prepared pie plate.
- In a bowl mix together flour, canola oil, baking powder, milk, and 2 eggs. Pour over meat mixture.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until the crust is set. You can insert a toothpick, and it should come out clean.
- Erin S.
- Adapted from Bisquick
- Cooking Method:
- Easy Dinners, Easy, Ground Beef, Italian, Dinners, Casseroles, Baked
- Related Recipes:
- Easy Dinner Recipes, Easy Recipes, Ground Beef Recipes, Italian Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Casserole Recipes, Baked Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 5 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Erin S.
Source: Adapted from Bisquick
Recipe Yields: 5 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Amount Per Serving