Make my simple recipe for Instant Pot Loaded Baked Potato Soup. A restaurant classic soup that is easy to make at home in under an hour!
Cooler weather is upon us and what better way to celebrate the season then making a big pot of Instant Pot Loaded Baked Potato Soup.
Simplify dinner (or even lunch time) by letting your Instant Pot do most of the work.
A few times a month I love to serve soup, salad, and bread for dinner. No one rarely grumbles at this choice either.
I've learned that as long as the soup is thick and hearty and full of my family’s favorites, everyone will gobble it up.
In this case, my kids have an affectionate relationship to all things cheese and bacon. This loaded baked potato soup fits the bill.
Ironically, neither of my children like potatoes but they sure do LOVE this soup!
With over 70 soup recipes on my personal blog, I knew it was time to adapt my favorite baked potato soup recipe to the Instant Pot and amp it up with lots of flavor!
Here are a few key kitchen tools you will want to have on hand when making this loaded baked potato soup.
Follow these steps to making your next big pot of baked potato soup in no time.
- Heat the Instant Pot on "sauté" mode. Place bacon strips in Instant Pot and cook for 5 minutes, turning often so the bacon does not burn.
- While the bacon cooks, dice the onions and garlic. Remove the bacon from the pot (it's okay to leave 1-2 non-crispy strips in the pot). Place the onion and garlic in the IP and sauté for 5 minutes.
- While the onions and garlic cook, rinse and dice the potatoes. Add to the Instant Pot, mixing well then season with salt and black pepper. Add in the chicken broth and cook on "manual" for 10 minutes.
- Let the Instant Pot naturally release pressure for 10 minutes. Then force the remaining pressure out of the pot. Using a potato masher, mash some of the potatoes until creamy. Then, add in the heavy cream, cream cheese, a half cup of shredded cheddar cheese, and 2 tablespoons of chives. Mix until cream cheese has melted.
- Ladle into bowl and top with additional cheese, diced crispy bacon, and remaining chives.
Here are a few ideas on what else you can serve with baked potato soup.
- Easy Cheesy Italian Bread
- Fall Arugula & Apple Salad
- Toaster Oven Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad with Sliced Almonds
- Italian Club Sandwich
Whether you’re looking to fulfill a craving of creamy loaded baked potato soup or simply looking for a hearty weeknight meal, I hope my recipe for Instant Pot Loaded Baked Potato Soup will hit the "spot".
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!