Indian Cauliflower Pizza RecipeKiersten Frase | Oh My Veggies
Attention, vegetarian: you will LOVE this Indian cauliflower pizza. Trust us!
Here is a truth about me: I will put just about anything on a pizza crust.
Seriously, can you go wrong with pizza? I don't think so. Okay, maybe I went a little wrong the time I tried to make a pizza out of leftover mashed potatoes and cheddar cheese (let us never speak of this again!), but on the whole, you can put all sorts of crazy things on a pizza and it's usually pretty good.
When you don't eat meat, your options for convenience foods are already a little bit limited, so creative vegetarian pizza recipes are always a favorite in our household.
Enter: Indian Pizza.
Instead of a traditional tomato sauce, I use a jarred curry sauce. I've topped my Indian pizzas with everything from chickpeas to eggplant, but I'm partial to roasted cauliflower, so that's what I've used here. Typically I use a prepared pizza crust to make an easy meal even easier, although this time I used whole wheat dough that I made in advance.
And if you're vegan, omit the cheese - it's still delicious.
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Indian Cauliflower Pizza Recipe
- 1/2 small Cauliflower, broken into florets
- dash of Salt
- dash of Black Pepper
- 1 whole Pizza Crust
- 1 jar Indian Simmer Sauce
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 tablespoon Mango Chutney
- 1 tablespoon Cashew Nuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a rimmed baking sheet with oil or cooking spray.
- Place cauliflower florets onto baking sheet and coat with additional oil/cooking spray.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking time, until cauliflower is softened and just beginning to brown.
- Adjust oven to temperature indicated on pizza crust package.
- Spread simmer sauce onto crust, leaving a 1-inch border on all sides.
- Top with cheese and cauliflower.
- Bake for time indicated on package or until cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with mango chutney, then sprinkle with cashews and cilantro.
Use your favorite jarred curry sauce to simmer, but I used Seeds of Change Jalfrezi.
- Kiersten Frase
- Vegetarian, Indian, Pizza, Dinners, Cauliflower
- Related Recipes:
- Vegetarian Recipes, Indian Recipes, Pizza Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Cauliflower Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 1 pizza
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Kiersten Frase
Recipe Yields: 1 pizza
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 65 minutes
Amount Per Serving