Ham and Brie French Toast RecipeTanya Schroeder | Lemons for Lulu
Ham and Brie French Toast is a sweet and savory sandwich you've been waiting for. Unforgetable.
I have never been a big breakfast eater. I’m just not one of those people who wake up hungry. I’m "hungry" for coffee, but rarely for food. My kids are the exact opposite. They eat giant bowls of cereal before bed and then wake up ready to eat more giant bowls of cereal the second their eyes pop open.
There was a time I enjoyed eating cereal too. I think I was 5. Back then almost every box had a hidden toy inside. I would dive into each new box with gusto, excited to see the secret toy buried within. It didn’t take long before I got tired of eating the same old, same old. I would either decide the toy wasn’t worth the trouble, or when my mom wasn’t looking I would dump out the entire box of cereal just to search for the hidden toy. Either way, I was never eating that cereal again.
My mom definitely got tired of half eaten boxes of cereal because we quickly went from cereals with gimmicks to cereals with words like "bran", "oats" and "wheat". That was the last time I bothered with cereal for breakfast.
While I don’t eat cereal, I do still prefer to eat sweet things for breakfast. Sweet things like muffins or these candied bacon cinnamon pancakes. And of course I love French toast! Typically I make French toast plain, or with fruit or perhaps stuffed with cream cheese. This time I made somewhat of a savory version. I used soft Italian bread and filled it with savory black forest ham, creamy Brie cheese and tart cherry preserves.
This is one life changing sandwich! I used to be a sweets for breakfast girl, NOW I’m a sweet and savory girl only. The tart cherries and the mild Brie are a winning combination, but throw in the salty ham and you have an unforgettable feast! Cereal never, ham & Brie forever!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Ham and Brie French Toast Recipe
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 4 slices Italian Bread
- 6 slices Black Forest Ham
- 2 tablespoons Cherry Jam
- 4 slices Brie Cheese, From a wheel, rinds removed
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat add butter. Swirl to coat pan.
- Beat together milk and eggs, whisking to combine.
- Top one slice of bread with 3 slices of ham and one tablespoon of cherry preserves.
- Top preserves with 2 slices Brie cheese and one slice of bread.
- Dip sandwich in egg mixture, turning to coat. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Place sandwiches on hot skillet. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until toasted.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired and serve with maple syrup.
- Tanya Schroeder
- Cooking Method:
- Breakfasts, Brunches, French Toast, Easy, Griddle, Family Meals and Snacks
- Related Recipes:
- Breakfast Recipes, Brunch Recipes, French Toast Recipes, Easy Recipes, Griddle Recipes, Family Meals and Snack Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 2 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Tanya Schroeder
Recipe Yields: 2 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 13 minutes
Amount Per Serving