Green Monster Smoothie RecipeSteph S. | ::steph chows::
A green monster smoothie made with lots of healthy greens, and raspberries for an extra sweet kick. Start your day off monster-style!
Some days I have trouble fitting in all of my “5 servings of fruits and veggies” It’s not that I don’t want to eat them, it’s just things like bread and protein tend to fill up my plate first. (Speaking of which, I'm obsessed with this rosemary bread..)
Because of this love-of-carbs tendency, I like to start my day on a good healthy note. Packed with both veggies and fruit, I feel like it’s a good influence to the rest of my daily food decisions.
I can hear you already, "greens for breakfast? *BLEHHHHH*", but hear me out, friend! If you have a good blender you won't taste them. If you have a not-so-good blender you will be chewing your breakfast and not be so happy - moral of the story? Invest in a good blender!
If this is your first greens in a smoothie experience I recommend using baby spinach to start, it’s sweeter and blends easier. If you’re a green monster pro, switch things up and use an organic field green mix for some variety. Also feel free to switch up the frozen fruit. I like to use raspberries I picked in the summer and froze just for such occasions. Strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, or any combination of those would be just as fantastic.
Just yesterday, we posted my oatmeal smoothie recipe on Food Fanatic. If you can't tell, we're quite smoothie-addicted around here. They're such a wonderful start to the day, and they travel well, so are great even for weekday mornings on your way to work. I'm not kidding about the blender though. A good blender is worth its weight in gold. Think about it - you can make green monster smoothies, and oatmeal smoothies, and at the end of the day, one of Brandy's fabulous banana daiquiris!
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
Green Monster Smoothie Recipe
- 2 cups Baby Spinach, or organic field greens
- 1 cup Boiling Water, or milk of choice
- 2 scoops Vanilla Protein Powder
- 2 teaspoons Ground Flax Seed
- 1 large Banana, frozen
- 1 cup Raspberries, frozen
- Layer in a blender: greens, then flax, banana, berries and liquid.
- Blend until spinach is totally liquefied.
- Drink immediately - if you let it sit it will separate into layers and then it looks weird (and personally I can't make myself drink it, it has to be fresh!).
- Steph S.
- Cooking Method:
- Smoothies, Raspberries, Spinach, Blended, Easy, Quick, Stealthy Healthy, Healthy Eating, Healthy
- Related Recipes:
- Smoothie Recipes, Raspberry Recipes, Spinach Recipes, Blended Recipes, Easy Recipes, Quick Recipes, Stealthy Healthy Recipes, Healthy Eating Recipes, Healthy Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 2 smoothies
- Prep Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Steph S.
Recipe Yields: 2 smoothies
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Amount Per Serving