Gluten Free Pancakes with Berries RecipeKristy Still | Mommy Hates Cooking
Gluten Free Pancakes with Berries are summer perfection. Serve with fresh berries on the top and whipped cream!
Summer is here and so is berry season. Do you grow fresh berries in your backyard? Or maybe you live near a berry farm?
We just happen to live right down the street from a berry farm. It’s full of fresh blueberries, LOTS of them. The man that owns it even does a deal in the summer and if you pick two buckets of berries, you get one for free and he gets the other one. It’s actually pretty fun for the kids and a great activity during the summer months.
I am hoping to get there this year with my kids. We went when my son was really young and he loved it. Now, we live so close we just have to go back again. There is nothing like fresh berries. My husband is planning to put some blackberry bushes in our yard this year. We had them at our old house and I loved going out there and picking them for cobblers and of course pancakes too.
I thought I would kick summer off with these delicious gluten free pancakes with berries. I decided to mix together sliced strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries to make these. Once we had them ready, we topped them with real maple syrup and additional strawberries.
My husband coated his with whipped cream too, but if you want to avoid the extra calories just go with syrup and strawberries. Whipped cream though is very tempting.
I’m planning to make pancakes with strawberry syrup this summer too. Don’t those sound wonderful? Maybe I’ll do them with a variety of berry syrups. I love that during the summer months we actually have time to make pancakes in the morning for breakfast. Of course, if you do not, breakfast for dinner is a go-to for us as well.
What’s your favorite type of pancake? Share them with us!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Gluten Free Pancakes with Berries Recipe
- 2 cups All-Purpose Gluten Free Flour
- 1 tablespoon Gluten Free Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 cups Milk
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Blueberries
- 1/4 cup Blackberries
- 1/4 cup Sliced Strawberries, Plus more to serve
- Pure Maple Syrup, To serve
- Butter, To serve
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and milk, mixing well.
- Add in the sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Continue mixing until well combined.
- Fold in the blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries.
- Heat a griddle or skillet to medium heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spoon out the batter into about sand dollar size and let it cook on one side until the batter begins to bubble, then flip over and cook until done. This typically just takes 2-3 minutes. It should release fairly easily from the griddle and you can be sure that the bottom is browned.
- Continue until all pancake batter is used.
- Warm up the maple syrup and add a little butter on the pancakes along with warm syrup plus a few more berries.
- Kristy Still
- Gluten Free
- Gluten Free, Breakfasts, Brunches, Pancakes, Family Meals and Snacks, Blueberries, Strawberries, Blackberries, Berries
- Related Recipes:
- Gluten Free Recipes, Breakfast Recipes, Brunch Recipes, Pancake Recipes, Family Meals and Snack Recipes, Blueberry Recipes, Strawberry Recipes, Blackberry Recipes, Berry Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 12 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Kristy Still
Recipe Yields: 12 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Amount Per Serving