Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Donuts RecipeSharon L. | What the Fork Food Blog
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Donuts have chocolate in the donut and glaze. Delicious and divine!
I’ve been working on this chocolate chip donut recipe for a while. The first time I made them, I pretty much nailed the recipe.
However, in true Sharon fashion, I didn’t write down all of the ingredients because I figured I’d jot it down when I had the chance that afternoon.
That afternoon was a month ago and here I am, finally with the chance to jot down what I did. Um, yeah.
Can’t quite remember. So back to the drawing board, right?
Don’t you just hate that? I finally get a chance to do something a month after I mean to do it. Either I’m terrible with time management or my two toddlers are running me ragged.
It’s probably a bit of both, actually.
So, to make amends, I made more donuts. And there ain’t nothin’ wrong with that.
That’s actually a pretty wonderful way to solve a problem. Just bake some donuts. That should be a new mantra: Just Bake Some Donuts.
Somebody, get that on a shirt. Just don’t tell Katy Perry so she doesn’t try to trademark it…
I actually ended up making these chocolate chip donuts a couple different ways. One way is the current recipe with oil and sugar.
The other was made with coconut oil and honey. Both recipes use my white rice all-purpose gluten free flour blend.
For the coconut oil and honey version, I used and equal amount of coconut oil in place of the canola oil which I melted after I measured it. I also used an equal amount of honey in place of the sugar.
I would probably use a bit less honey for my taste next time I make the healthier version but my husband and kids really liked it that way a lot.
I also used coconut oil in the chocolate glaze in place of butter. Otherwise, the glaze is the same chocolate glaze I used in my double chocolate donut recipe.
These donuts aren’t completely dairy free because of the milk but you could replace it with your favorite non-dairy milk to make them dairy free.
I almost never buy buttermilk because I just add a bit of vinegar to milk instead. It’s cheaper and more convenient because those are two products I always have on hand.
Either way you make them, these chocolate chip donuts are completely delicious. Enjoy!
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Donuts Recipe
IngredientsFor the Donuts:
- 1 1/2 cups All-Purpose Gluten Free Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Fine Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 teaspoons Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Canola Oil
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 2 teaspoons Light Corn Syrup
- 2 teaspoons Water
- Mini Chocolate Chips, For topping, optional
To Make the Donuts:
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a donut pan with non-stick spray.
- Combine the milk and vinegar together in a liquid measuring cup and set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, xanthan gum, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir well to combine and mix in the chocolate chips.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, oil, vanilla and milk/vinegar mixture. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the batter into a large ziplock bag. Cut a small section of the bottom corner off and use the bag to pipe the batter into the prepared donut pan. If you only have one pan, you’ll have to bake the donuts in two batches.
- Bake the donuts for 8-10 minutes. The donut will spring back when done.
- Cool the donuts on a wire rack. If you need to bake a second batch, wipe the donut pan and re-spray with non-stick spray between batches.
To Make the Glaze:
- Add 1/2 cup chocolate chips, butter, corn syrup and water to a microwave safe bowl and heat at 50% power for for 60 seconds. Stir well and continue to heat at 50% power for 20 second intervals (stirring each time) until the chocolate is melted.
- Dip the donuts in the glaze and then top with extra mini chocolate chips if using. Store leftovers in an airtight container.
- Sharon L.
- Glaze adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction
- Cooking Method:
- Gluten Free
- Gluten Free Baking
- Breakfasts, Brunches, Gluten Free Baking, Gluten Free Desserts, Gluten Free, Baking, Baked, Chocolate, Donuts, Frosting
- Related Recipes:
- Breakfast Recipes, Brunch Recipes, Gluten Free Baking Recipes, Gluten Free Dessert Recipes, Gluten Free Recipes, Baking Recipes, Baked Recipes, Chocolate Recipes, Donut Recipes, Frosting Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 12 donuts
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Sharon L.
Source: Glaze adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction
Recipe Yields: 12 donuts
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Amount Per Serving