Gluten Free Baked Italian Meatballs RecipeSharon L. | What the Fork Food Blog
Gluten Free Baked Italian Meatballs make sure you're not left out on spaghetti night. Delicious and so easy!
I don’t know about you, but spaghetti and meatballs is a staple dinner in our house. When we first started eating gluten free, meatballs were one of the first foods I wanted to conquer by making them gluten free.
Luckily for me, it really wasn’t difficult. Basically, I just swapped out the regular breadcrumbs for gluten free ones and voila – our favorite gluten free baked Italian meatballs.
We seriously have meatballs at least once every two weeks, sometimes even once a week when we’re super busy, because it’s such a quick meal to throw together when you’ve got leftover meatballs in the freezer. It’s definitely a meal that none of us will ever get sick of.
I almost always bake my meatballs because it’s really easy to just roll them out and throw them in the oven. But when I’m feeling fancy, I make my braised Italian meatballs. Those are browned and then simmered in a homemade sauce. The delicious meatball base is the same, though but that’s a great recipe for when you’ve got a lot more time.
These meatballs also freeze beautifully. This recipe makes about 40 meatballs (depending on the size you roll them) because I roll them relatively small, about 1.5 inches — about the size of a ping-pong ball. After I bake them, I toss the ones we’re eating that night into some sauce and then freeze the rest once they’ve completely cooled. When I reheat them, I simmer them in some sauce for about 20-25 minutes until they’re piping hot.
That’s what makes spaghetti night super easy, using the leftover frozen meatballs. Leftover ones make them just as convenient as the ones you get in the freezer aisle without all those extra preservatives.
This gluten free baked Italian meatball recipe makes enough for three dinner-sized meals for my family of four, plus a few lunches. Easy and economical is a win-win that will make you a dinnertime hero. Enjoy!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Gluten Free Baked Italian Meatballs Recipe
- 2 1/2 pounds Ground Beef
- 2/3 cup Gluten Free Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Parsley, Chopped
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Basil, Chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, Crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon Fine Sea Salt
- 2 Eggs, Beaten
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Whole Milk
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick spray.
- Put the ground beef, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, and basil in a large bowl and gently mix together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the garlic, salt, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, and whole milk. Add the egg mixture to the meat and mix until completely combined, but don’t over-mix or squish the meat.
- Form into 1 1/2-inch meatballs and place on the prepared baking sheet. It will make about 40 small meatballs.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until they’re no longer pink in the middle.
- Serve with sauce and pasta of choice.
- Sharon L.
- Cooking Method:
- Gluten Free
- Gluten Free Baking
- Gluten Free, Gluten Free Baking, Easy Dinners, Italian, Meatballs, Ground Beef, Dinners, Baked
- Related Recipes:
- Gluten Free Recipes, Gluten Free Baking Recipes, Easy Dinner Recipes, Italian Recipes, Meatball Recipes, Ground Beef Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Baked Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 10 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Sharon L.
Recipe Yields: 10 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Amount Per Serving